RR to Nowhere

Just when I thought I'd seen it all, I got another head-scratcher from the same game that produced the invisible bridge.

This time, a computer company built a new stretch of track up to the edge of a city, but it did not build a station there! What I realized, after a pause for laughter, was that another computer company had once had track and a station in that city (Atlanta), but it had been destroyed in one of my scenario's Civil War events.

The new construction went right up to where it would have joined the end of the long-gone track. Unfortunately, it was about 30 years too late.

Just for grins, I used my own company to neatly fill in the missing track on its original route, and I even built a station. Neither computer company has used it yet.

It appears that computer companies don't handle these disruptions very well (they never repair destroyed track, and they don't seem to be able to re-route trains after stations are destroyed or disconnected.

• 3 weeks later...