Am I missing too much

Guest Monwar

Guest Monwar

This is part of another post at the Atriedes board :

It can I think, at least try it... Emperor doesn't use that much of your connection. It's made that way that it send not much packages. But as I said, just try it. Having a good computer is more important then having a speedy connection (Altough 28k8 is the minimum according to WW)

Unfortunately, my version is not even the original version. It's a pirated version. Bangladesh, being one of the poorest countries in the world, doesn't have any shops where original games are sold. Only pirated copies are sold here. If you want to get an original copy, you have to get it in another way (i.e. Amazon). Flame me if you must, but I had nothing to do but buy a pirated copy. I have three serial numbers in my CD case, but Westwood says 'unknown serial number'.

It's unfortunate that we don't have original copies. However, broadband is starting to become popular and optical fibre will be installed in about a year and a half. At that time, some shops will hopefully start selling original games so that we may play multiplayer in the future.

I have one question to you folks : am I missing too much. I like this game and I'm quite content playing with the AI. I know it has some limits and playing with humans is a different xp, but does that mean I'm missing most of the fun? I hope not!

Thank you for reading!

damn straight. i use to work for Westwood Studios in Las Vegas, NV as a game analyzer and tester, not bad pay either. But yes, you do need to get the original copy if you want to play multiplayer, or just use your pirated copy to play on another comp in your home and play against friends or siblings.

• 2 weeks later...

Monwar, I wouldn't say you are missing that much, since playing against the AI is quite engaging itself. The only thing that you are missing is the inventiveness of human players and the tactics that they use against you. The AI tends to attack in large and mixed formations of units, but once you figure out how the AI works, the gameplay does get pretty linear, as with all AI scripts. I've yet to find a game that really offers a challenging AI that actually ADAPTS to the tactics that you use against it. Time and time again, I find myself exploiting the same hole in their defences over and over... sigh. The most challenging and interesting AI would have to be in 'Earth 2150', and 'The Moon Project' in my opinion. When they hit you, they REALLY hit you.  ;D