Whos your Favorite House?

Black_Emperor

Oh yeah!(Unreal tournament taunt)

My manga/anime serie's is a bit gundam like. The Human Federation uses alot of Mecha's and as usual. You have some hero's with that :)

Kirov is bit of the hero of the Tayron's. He is also the only one who has some personality in the Tayron Division's since Tayron's doesn't laugh or smile fast.  

Bunch of Ordos like jerks ^_^  ;D

Well actually Ordos is really sucky :PThey die to quick.And everyone wants the spice melange!Thats why this war broke out in the first place!And no Kirov,Atreides soldiers don't die with a poke in the chest,the ordos gas troopers do.Plus,All their weapons cost alot of money,and can be killed real eezaly,which drains the ordos of alot of credits. :P

the only good thing about ordos is that they can regenerate...they got horrible guys who chicken out last minute when you need em most, and their shields only add a small bit of extra HP to them but still attract worms.

Ever tried putting a huge team of shielded units on the sand?

Well actually Ordos is really sucky :PThey die to quick.And everyone wants the spice melange!Thats why this war broke out in the first place!And no Kirov,Atreides soldiers don't die with a poke in the chest,the ordos gas troopers do.Plus,All their weapons cost alot of money,and can be killed real eezaly,which drains the ordos of alot of credits. :P

FEEL THE WRATH OF HOUS ORDOS!

the ordos do suck most of the time but dont count them out of the run yet

they still have the kobra which has the longest range in the game

and the laser tank which is the fastest tank in the game and the mortar troops that are the longest ranged infantry in the game and the chaos lightning which is the most f***ing annoying superweapon in the game

That's actually a pretty good question.  In my book the Ordos have one big thing going for them, and that is speed: their basic vehicles, as well as the APC and Deviator, can and do haul it... an important trait when you catch an enemy column on its way in.  Being able to traverse the dust bowls is another good thing.  Granted, Kobras don't hover, and have to set up to be used to full effect, but they are faster than Minotauri (both do rock as defenders, though).  AA and mortar troopers are lots o' fun; and the chem troopers are handy, but House Ordos lacks good general-purpose infantry... which slot the Sardaukar fill in quite nicely.

Enough about the Ordos.  I'd mentioned Minotauri earlier, and that brings me to the good points about the Atreides.  Repair vehicles are a big one - it is, after all, more efficient to keep the vehicles you do have in fighting trim than to have to keep replacing them - as are stealth APCs (even if they are not as fast as their Ordos counterparts).  Most versatile basic turret (MG tower).  Air Drones - park a quartet of these over someone's spice field, along with some feydakin to deal with any triple-A which comes calling, and that person's economy will start to suck.  Being hassled by laser or NIAB tanks?  Kindjal are your friends... their weapons are instant, unlike either strain of missile trooper, even if they can't fire them on the move.  What?  The sonic tank?  4-5 fedaykin do about as well, and are more survivable... and don't have that annoying friendly-fire problem.

Then, we have the Harkonnen.  Yes, their missile tank is nice, and the Devastator (like the Minotaurus) is best used as a defender, given its slow speed - but the rest of their armor is either so-so (assault tank, anyone?) or overspecialized (inkvine catapult and flame tank).  And they do get the ADP, which is cool.  But one big downside is their lack of infantry transport (this is perhaps the one House I could see implementing a unit like the Battle Fortress in YR).

Given those facts, therefore, House Ordos would be my first choice (and Atreides second), with the Ix as one subhouse (so I can project what I need to fill out the D) and either the Fremen or Sardaukar as one of the others.  And proper use of engineers would garner what I don't already have.