How do I win the final mission?

jcniest5

pretty much the same way for everyone in each house.  build defenses first and as quickly as possible.  It is possible because I beat the Worm mission on Ordos which is the hardest thing to do.  Then build spice refineries, and guard the spice fields.  After that it depends on your house.

If you are Atreides I recommend airlifting half a dozen or more minos including your starting ones to the worm, they have the firepower to kill it sort of easily.

For harkonnen use the same strategy except with devestators.

For Ordos, I had to use the following strat.  Build roughly 50 fedaykin.  Do not put them on guard mode.  Sneak them down to the worm's head a few at a time and then all at once attack.  The pull away for a bit as the mega cannon hits where your fedaykin were.  Move back in and shoot again, pull back again.  Keep repeating until the worm is dead.

I'd have to agree with Ordos45 on that.   ;D However to be more specific, I'd do the following. First build up your base and keep the enemy out (especially leeches). Watch out for early NAIB tanks that teleport into your base to destroy your refinery. One they are taken care of, you will be rushed by a large force (different depending on which house you are) at the small ramp to the left side of your base. If you're not ready for them they'll destroy everything, so have some stuff waiting, (fedaykin work wonders when used properly).  ;D Once you have a good flow of money and your base is secure, you should take out the Theilaxu living turrets that are close to your base on the high line of rock . Move south (do not go past the gap in the line or rock) and destroy the Theilaxu living turrets on the southern rock line (just be careful not to disturb the base on the left, unless you want to capture it or destroy it anyway) Now, build your most powerful unit. For the Ordos you should use Kobras, for the Harkonnen you should use Devastators, and for the Atreides, you can use the Minotaurus or the Sonic Tank (I prefer Sonics) Build at least 10 of these and 10 advanced carryalls. Pick up your units and fly them down the left side of the map to the small rock line where you destroyed the living turrets earlier. (Since the turrets are gone, you should have no problem getting through. You might want to lift an APC with engineers down to the Guild Mega Cannon if you're the Atreides or Ordos, and capture everything (including a your house's palace). Anyway, from here, fly your advanced carryalls along the left side of the map until you reach the Emperor Worm. Fly all the units to the Emperor Worm's head and attack. If you have captured the Guild Mega Cannon, you can use it against the Emperor Worm to speed up the death process.   ;D That's really all there is to it. ::)

This question just keeps on coming back, does it not?  Okay, to sum up:

1) establish and maintain strong defenses at each of the base entrances, and keep a few extra units inside the base to skewer the NIABs.  This is easier for the Atreides and Ordos (they have decent artillery), but you can have the Ixians project what you might need... such as a missile tank or two in the face of gunship attack.

2) start cranking out fedaykin.  If you wish, have them strip high-value units from the incoming enemy formations to get veterancy, but eventually the lot should end up near the worm.  Once you feel you have a good D and enough fedaykin... fire and move (the Guild cannon will hit the spot where the fedaykin were when they fired); repeat as needed.

Capturing enemy installations (esp. the one to your south), whle not required, will definitely take some of the pressure off.  Siezing the northern factory will allow you to bring armor to the worm if you wish.

Best way: attack of 10 fedaykins with good tactical maneuvering. Your base defense is no problem. It doesn't matter if you lose some buildings.

When I've played for Atreides, attack of Kindjals and Sardaukar supported by Minotaurus phalanx was also succesful, but beware of that Mega Cannon (or annihilate it with an infiltrator - but this starts a limit). On start, also, send your elite Kindjals to barracks for veterans. For defense, position your kindjals in little separate groups across your base. Those NIABs should make some problems if you wouldn't. Also build as many Sardaukar as you can (feel our wrath! - Long live the Imperium).

After reading all the replies and researching on my own, I've won the game by doing the following: I built some engineers, put them in an APC, transport them to some of the critical enemies buildings, steal them, sell them to reduce their production work, after that, I took my engineers and went to the Megacannon and steal it, then direct it toward the enemy infantries, after that, I beat the worm one time by transporting a Sonic tank to the head and just keep shooting the worm, and I won another time by transporting five Fed-fremen to the worm's head and just keep shooting it until it dies.  As you shoot, you can actually see its health status by hovering your cursor over the worm's head.  Once it reaches RED status, it's VICTORY!  It's easy once  you figure out what can get you there.

There is one strategy that can reduce your chance of getting killed by the MegaCannon especially if you are going to use "human" as a way to destroy the Worm.  

If you are the house of Ordos or Atreides, build an APC, train several engineers, put your engineers into your APC, have your Advanced Carryall take your APC to where the MegaCannon is and use an engineer to steal it and either sell it or let it be destroyed by the enemies.  

If you are the house of Harkonnen and don't have an APC to bring some engineers to steal it, build a Harkonnen Palace and use Death Hand missile to destroy the MegaCannon.

One the MegaCannon is taken care of, you shouldn't have any problem using even infantry, Sardaukar or Freman Fed to destroy the worm.  Before I took care of the MegaCannon, my men usually get killed only after couple rounds of firing at the Worm.

Hope this helps those that still need to find a way to destroy the Worm.

Infantry are too weak, and if you don't have APCs it's a little difficult getting them down to the Emperor Worm's head. Don't forget about the Tleilaxu living turrets, they can shoot aircraft. I take them down first, then I work my way down the left side of the map to the back of the worm. Then the refineries are destroyed, then the worm.

i don't know about the other houses. but with ordos i send the projecter down there.with some other units. there fast to get there. onece there u project some units & kill off the worm. has fast as i can.     ;D ;D

::) ::)

he said that he puts a projector next to the worm, then kills it with projections.

Enemy didn`t destroyed projector? There are a lot of guild and Atreides around worm...you killed all of them?

I went with Sardaukar, lasers and Fadaykin and while they were attacking worm, few of them had to protect them from Atreides.

Enemy didn`t destroyed projector? There are a lot of guild and Atreides around worm...you killed all of them?

I went with Sardaukar, lasers and Fadaykin

no it din't it took a a few trys. but  with the apcs and dust scouts nope

i also put the projector. on the side the Fremen attacked the worm while the other units where on the other the give him cover. and attack to i projected some apcs/lasertanks/guld mostly.

try it out yourself just make sure its on easy or normal :)

::) ::)

Uh

Maybe I will try this...anyway thinks that Sards with Frem, were good. When I did it in easy, it was full of units there, but when I did it in normal, that should be more difficult, I rushed on this worm and I don`t know how, but I destroyed all Atreides forces that were there and I had to only wait with little amount of units for two or one Atreides unit...strange...

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to be kind of sneaky, you can win the final mission without even deploying your mcv.  As soon as the mission begins, send your lvl 3 dupe tank down to the area above the head of the worm.  Start duping Minos and Sonic tanks.  DONT ATTACK THE WORM.  Wait till you dupe about 15 units.  Then send them all at once to attack the worm.  You will win in under 2 minues.