Light Infantry

evilbaronatreides

I'll say one thing in favour of Atreides Light Infantry: Speed. Harkonnens keep up their tradition of being slow even in their infantry and a lack of an APC. It is so annoying that Harkonnen don't have any long range infantry. I guess its their attitude:

Harkonnen: Go in and kill them first before they kill you.  >:(

Ordos: Terminate cost effectively.  :(

Atreides: Hit them before they get too close.    ;)

ok, enough about my gloating and all...back 2 the subject

Isnt the atriedies units able to go back to their base and rank their guys up? so whats the big deal of lowering their HP down over to house harkonnen? and harkonnen units down weaken until they die, so couldnt that be a cause to the problem also?

could say that dont know really and about the atredies thing how do u do that rank up thing

This is one of House Atreides' more subtle advantages.  Should you get a level three infantry unit, all you do is have them reenter the barracks (same way you have them enter APCs).  Subsequently-produced examples of that infantry will have an additional veterancy level... and yes, this is cumulative!  Atreides players who get to the last mission in the campaign will note that they start with 3 elite snipers and 3 elite kindjal troopers; if you recycle the lot you'll be able to produce those soldiers at elite level for the rest of the mission.  The only downside of this is that it does not extend to other infantry types.

but the problem is that normally you never get to get a soldier at veterancy level... i sometimes do get them to level 2... but never at level 3... i just think that he has to kill too many ppl before he becomes a veteran

I figured out a way to get my light infantry to elite.(it works in campaign)

Against all infantry attacks, I use my snipers(plural) to kill all of his mortars/flamers/snipers/sardukar/contaminators, then I use the light infantry to clean up the light infantry and troopers. If there are vehicles, then I use mongooses/kindjals to weed them out. I haven't figured out what to do if they show up with fremen

If I get level 3, they immediatel go to the barracks. If I get level 2, I make sure they get the last shot on the big kills and hide them in the stealth APC when they are not fighting.

Old topic but what the heck,

you need about 65 scouts to get 3 light infanry/kindjal to triple elite status.  You do the math to figure out how many scout/unit.

I think you need about 90 scouts to get 3 snipers triple elite status.

Sadly killing your own units does not give your units experience.  So leveling them up depends heavily your enemies ability to feed you fodder or your allies ability (in custom) to unally and re-ally.

I have only seen one light infantry reach triple elite status by normal means.

• 3 months later...