I hate time limits!

thegrindre

Hi all,

One of my biggest complaints is a time limit to complete a particular 'mission'.

I'm old and slow and enjoy taking my time when 'building' stuff, be it models or laying track.

I like to play other games as well. Strategy and tactics are what I love best with no time limits involved.

I play a World War II game called, Soldiers: Heroes Of World War II. It's all strategy and tactics and I can fight WW II for as long as I like with no time limit. I can play a single mission for hours, days, weeks or for how ever long it takes me to complete the mission. (I love it!)

I also play SimCity 4. No time limits here.

MSTS is fun because I can spot cars all over a route with no time limit.

How about this game, it's all time limits and gripes me because of it. I may not want to connect to New York by 1898. I maybe doing other things of interest and haven't gotten around to that yet.

Question is, how do you play this game without time limits???

Thanks,

Don't pay any attention to them.  I do this all the time.  If the time limit is a killer, I go to the editor put a II after the maps name and make a number of changes.  then save it to play using my style of play.

I don't like connected track; So, I always change that restriction.

One of my biggest complaints is a time limit to complete a particular 'mission'.

I'm old and slow and enjoy taking my time when 'building' stuff, be it models or laying track.

I like to play other games as well. Strategy and tactics are what I love best with no time limits involved.

Then you may want to take a look at my modified Germany map/scenario. You have 120 years to finish the scenario, but it has its own challenges. Over that time you have to do a lot: raise cash, buy access rights, build tracks (this is restricted too), buy industries, make profits and haul enough loads and particularly steel. And of course make a big comapny and have high personal wealth. So the only way to win the gold is to build a large and profitable company. As access rights have to be bought first, AI players make companies that never lay any track, so you have to grab them to raise cash for your own company.