Hello and a question..

Have had this game - several times - but I'm finally working my way thru the campaigns.  My new favorite is "When the walls come down".  However I can't seem to do better than bronze. Margin calls are a killer! Any tips?  Thanks and huzzah for RRT2!

It has been a long time since I played that map. 

Margin calls:  I try to limit margin to about 50% for normal play.

If I plan to extend my margin deeper, I look at when I have trains about to arrive at a station.

When a train arrives the value of stock increases.

If no train arrives for a while then stock value drops. If your margin is too close to will get a margin call..

Yesterday the real stock market made a record drop resulting from a huge drop in, I think it was on The Dow stock exchange. 

If a person had been quick and some were, they bought the stock (I forget it name) at it low point and 1/2 hour later when

the stock buying moved the value back up, cashing in the stock made them a quick profit over a period of just 1/2 hour.

You can do the same with stock in RT2.  If the stock value is low for a company and you see a number of trains about to

arrive at its' depots, pause and buy some stock.  but not too much.  Now when the trains all reach their station, the

stock value will increase and you will have made a gain.  If there are no more trains close to arriving at a station then sell

some stock in that company.  Remember it does cost a little to buy and sell stock.  So don't over do this method.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi C-Bob,

On this map, I went electric (diesel fuel prices can be a killer), started with one train on a short shuttle route in Poland, and spent the government grant on hotels etc.

The other tycoons are your friends - exploit them:

+ New track must extend old, but it doesn't have to be your own. Access rights in Bulgaria and Turkey are dirt cheap. Somebody is almost bound to build a line in Bulgaria (Constanta to Varna). So get in quick and connect it to Istanbul yourself before he does. Rich pickings there.

+ For personal wealth, try to corner over half your company's shares within the first two years. Keep your own company profits (hence share price) down while investing heavily in someone else's company which has such a good initial route that its shares will rocket and split. Take profits and buy your own shares while they are cheap. Then go for growth.

General tip: keep some shares in another company just for something to sell if you do get a margin call.

have fun, Richard

Have had this game - several times - but I'm finally working my way thru the campaigns.  My new favorite is "When the walls come down".  However I can't seem to do better than bronze. Margin calls are a killer! Any tips?  Thanks and huzzah for RRT2!

Lithuania is a really cheap place to buy access to to start with.  And a large station can usually span the two cities there.

I do the first line with Diesels, then sparkies thereafter.