Minotaurus versus Devastator: who'd win?

mushman29

Hmm, when I try to test something in skirmish, the comp is always very irritating. But they are very quite when really batlleing them. But it's hard to program for the comp to use the hit 'n run, I think. Though it's good that they already made the comp use the outrange ability of some units...

who ever was saying something about a devastator rush is crazy. If it is Atriedies and an experinced player he's bound to have at least some rocket turents. Also 3-5 fedykin kick any devastators butt. 2 reason stealth and that deva suck against there weapons.

"yes but missile tank can survive one mino attack.. a mino can not survive one missile tank attack.. "

In my experience, both these statements are incorrect.

The mino will shoot first (range), and assuming no distractions, will kill the missile tank. It is then irrelevant whether the mino can survive - about half the people on fed2k (who I've heard) say the missile tank will kill the mino, half say not. But the ridiculously low missile tank armour and the significant firepower of the mino means that the mino can kill it, as long as it's not having to split its fire between two foes.

Besides which, there are other aspects to consider, like general effectiveness. Infantry are vulnerable to the mino; not so the missile tank - a few kindjal or rocketeers could take care of it.

Maybe because Missile tank is an assault and Minotaurus a fire-support unit.

I wrote that these units are different category. Missile Tank is more close-fight unit. But I don't think you'll fight against lone Minotaurus with one Missile tank. Lone scout, ok, but assault unit?