Annoying (but effective) rush tactics

IxianMace

After playing online for about 2 days, I came across a really effective rush tactic. The other two players were both House Ordos, and about 5 minutes into the game, my ally got rushed by about 20 dust scouts, lots of chemical troopers and AA troopers. He got wiped out by them. Then they came down to get me. Even with lots of Kindjal Infantry, 3 Minotauruses, some snipers and Machine Gun posts, I got completed wasted by the dust scouts alone!!  ??? HOW DO I BEAT THE EARLY RUSH?!?!

That's all good, but by the time you start building Sarduakar and lots of other units, they have already rushed you. ::) The Dust Scout is the unit that takes the shortest amount of time to build out of all the vechicles, and Sarduakar take ages.

Most of the time, people tend to rush with the basic unit that is cheap, quick to build, and travels quickly. This would be the Buzzsaw, Sand Bike, and Dust Scout for the Harkonnen, Atreides and Ordos respectively. Therefore, get units that can counter this. Troopers, Kindjal Infantry, and AA Infantry can help, but I find that Gun Turrets behind walls aren't that bad either.  8)

I tried popping up turrets before (like I said at the start) but they come with so many units they would be considered 'weak' that the turrets only destroy 1 or 2 units before they're destroyed themselves!  :O You might be suprised how strong a dust scout rush can be in large numbers. (Maybe because they regenerate as well).

Be one with the Executrix thats the directive!

The Supremacy of the Harkonnen and Ordos is our only consideration!

Death to the Atreides!!!

Having big groups of Ordos units is pretty wise yes. But still if it is las tanks or some other fast unit. Too big groups causes them to slow down.

Here is what i do when i'm rushed by dust scouts. I use infantry as my main force. it works. Anyway they usaly allwas rush one enterence. So i put my infantry there to do there best. But i also have a mino or two right behind them. It works most of the time