National Debt

With money availability for loaning to the US government drying up,  the government is starting to

borrow money from the banks it bailed out and doubly guaranteed with taxpayers money.

Doe this mean the taxpayers have to pay back the stimulus money plus interest? Then, pay back the

new loans plus interest. 

This must be a sweet deal for the government, but isn't it double dipping into the tax payer pocket?

To simplify this:  Tax the people and give away the money, then borrow it back so the people will have to pay off two debts plus interest.   Obama, you are very creative.  Have you discovered the black hole that consumed that lost 2 trillion dollars, yet.

Does Obama really understand what he is doing?  He is bankrupting the people with his bottomless black holes. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

The Canadian dollar rose to parity against the US dollar for the first time since 1976 on Thursday, aided by soaring oil prices. The U.S. dollar dropped to a record low --------- $1.40 against the euro, (It) fell 0.4 per cent to $2.0093 against the pound, lost 1.5 per cent against the yen to Y114.44 and dropped 1 per cent to SFr1.1717 against the Swiss franc.

As prices continue to rise it causes the value of the dollar to fall.  It would buy as much.  Anything you plan on buying will cost more later.

I heard that all the gold in the world would fit into two Olympic size swimming pools.  I kind of doubt that. 

Also a million dollars of gold would fit in a small kids shoe box.  I believe that.  It would be a heavy shoe box.

• 2 months later...

I like graphs.  For me they put in picture form the raw facts involving numbers.

Yesterday I was looking at ways to make the best use if a shrinking dollar.

I pulled up an article concerning the US national debt that included a chart of the US debt over the years.

As a country, the US has long been in and out of debt. 

Increased taxes and a booming economy has been two factors needed to pay off the Debt: 

But, under Obama's leadership the debt is nearly 5 times deeper than it has ever been.

We don't have a booming economy: but we do have printing presses to make new money;

But,  printing more money reduces the value of the dollar and causes inflation (An increase in the cost of living)

To make matters worst,  the dollar value of our pay checks are loosing value. (We have less money to pay a higher cost of living.)

I looked at a chart of unemployment factors over the last few years.  Unemployment is quite different from the 9% that I hear on the news. 

It showed unemployed people of working age are at about 18%.  last December there was a very slight gain over the numbers of jobs loss.

But total income was less.  Of course a person searching the web can find all kind of numbers and ranges of numbers.  Now, they can't all be correct. 

Are so many of them just dumb or just liars?   

I'm still looking for a hedge to stop the movement toward becoming part of a poor America. 

It is not by buying bonds that back US dollars.  Even China stopped doing that.  The value of bonds are now dropping fast.

I believe a food shortage is coming and it might be worth investing in, at least building up a home supply. 

There are a few other things that look promising, where I need to do more research. 

Too understand where the future may carry us, we need to understand the dynamics of the present.

Biggest Scam in World History Exposed

Congressman Dr. Ron Paul divulges the facts surrounding what may be the biggest scam in world history involving YOUR tax money-- an unbelievable sum of $16 trillion in secret backdoor bailouts of U.S. Federal Reserve funds to global banks.

http://pubrecord.org/nation/8622/pentagon-papers-wall-street/

According to The Public Record:

• 2 months later...

The US has lost its' AAA bond rating. It first dropped to the middle of the range and if I understand the newest rating, now to a minus or risky rating. I was unable to discover if it is now at a C rating or lower.

What this means is the interest rates on future US bonds will increase. As it stands now with the huge US debt, it will take all of the money the US collects in taxes to just pay this higher total interest.

There will be no money left to run the country. This is what happens in RT2 when you go too deep into margin and the economy starts to go south.

The US dollar is crashing. It has now dropped past 30% in value. When you added up the increased costs of food, gas etc. which has increased past 30%,

the number of lost jobs and the drop in the economy and property values seem to still be getting worst even though month after month the Government keeps telling us it is getting better.

I have a feeling a lot more people will be hurt before these problems hit their bottom and start recovering.

And, what is this thing about The private Federal Reserve Bank (that prints our money) saying they lost a few trillion dollars. Bernacky? (sp) who runs the bank, said he didn't know what happened to the money.

If he was joking, it didn't even make the major news papers. Geesssssssss. angry.gif

What I find interesting is that what we are seeing right now is almost the same thing as what we saw before 2008 recession.

High oil/gas prices. Devaluing USD and high Gold prices. Food prices increasing, most bakeries are increasing prices more. I thought it was just 2 years ago that wheat prices went really high and they increased the price.

The stock market is relatively high as well same as before last recession.

mpNne.png

Quick rapid expansion (prices, stock market index etc).

I guess time will tell if same thing will happen as 2008 recession, or if these prices will stay permanent. I'm guessing they will collapse some.

If governments slow down their spending, it could hurt economy, but if they keep spending they go bankrupt.

USA building houses even though lots of houses from pre2008 recession lay empty. Still got mortgage resets for rest of 2011.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with this mortgage rate reset chart:

IMFresets.jpg

Havn't seen updated version yet, but according to this mortgages won't stabilize until mid 2012.

Some nice charts to look at from awesome website:

GDP in USA increasing again

CPI increasing again

Hiring has only leveled off

Money banks borrowed has almost gone back to where it used to be - I think this chart is quite impressive.

Commercial and Industrial Loans at All Commercial Banks - Looks like banks have started to increase loans. You can see a trend where they increase loans a lot, then recession hits trying to correct the amount of loans out there.

The national debt in USA is kind of a joke. Keep increasing it with no worries. Here in Canada balanced budget is a big election issue with most promising to have it done by 2015.

Money banks borrowed, has almost gone back to where it used to be - I think this chart is quite impressive.

Chart ---http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/BORROW?cid=122

The chart is a bit confusing as to why this happened. From 1920 to 1980s borrowing remained under 2 billion except for 3 or 4 dimples in the chart of about 2 billion more over that time span. Then, in about 2008 borrowing jumped to 700 billion. I wonder what caused this huge spike of borrowing and if the loans are still current? And, was the money loaned only on paper or were the loans in real dollars? I wonder who will pay the interest on these loans? Are the so called missing dollars at the Federal Reserve a fact and connected to this spike?

I read some place that Europe believes that the US is governed by mobsters. I believe there is a fair amount of truth in that belief.

The Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act, a United States federal financial statute law passed in 1980, gave the Federal Reserve greater control over non-member banks.

* It forced all banks to abide by the Fed's rules.

* It allowed banks to merge.

* It removed the power of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors under the Glass–Steagall Act and Regulation Q to set the interest rates of savings accounts.

* It raised the deposit insurance of US banks and credit unions from $40,000 to $100,000.

* It allowed credit unions and savings and loans to offer checkable deposits.

* Allowed institutions to charge any interest rates they choose.[1][2]

* Required banks be charged Fed Float for use of funds received before clearing between depository institutions.

This deregulation may have been a mistake.

I believe in not spending more money than I have. Maybe I should move to Canada. undecided.gif

I think that chart had mostly to do with TARP, and the fed bank loaning money to banks so they wouldn't collapse.

It just shows how crazy this recession was and how the banks had loaned out way more than they should have. Giving out all these loans (to overpriced assets such as houses/land/developments) created a bubble, and would increase inflation. Banks didn't care as they just wanted interest payments. Make money out of thin air, loan it out, get interest/principle payments every month.

TARP link shows some companies paid back some of the funds. According to chart the banks must have paid back what was borrowed. It is possible that some got Billions (for liquidity purposes) but did not use them and simply gave back to feds later.

I think that chart had mostly to do with TARP, and the fed bank loaning money to banks so they wouldn't collapse.

It just shows how crazy this recession was and how the banks had loaned out way more than they should have. Giving out all these loans (to overpriced assets such as houses/land/developments) created a bubble, and would increase inflation. Banks didn't care as they just wanted interest payments. Make money out of thin air, loan it out, get interest/principle payments every month.

TARP link shows some companies paid back some of the funds. According to chart the banks must have paid back what was borrowed. It is possible that some got Billions (for liquidity purposes) but did not use them and simply gave back to feds later.

I think the chart does reflects loans made by the fed, but far from all of them.

The Feds stopped making loans openly and the huge spike on that chart went almost back to normal. But the huge debt continued to grow.

The banks were generally given Stimulas money that didn't reflect very many of the loans as indicated on the chart.

As the bubbles continued to burst and loans went bad, insurance was paid to banks world wide not as loans but as stimulus. others were taken back by Freddy and Fanny and resold.

I believe the players of this fraud got very rich under this shell game.

I believe this is why there was no accounting of the huge debt. Some of this money the feds said had somehow disappeared.

The countries that loaned the money to the feds know what they are owed and are collecting interest on about a 14 Trillion dollar debt.

The whole operation is so involved few people (taxpayers) even try to understand it. It has to be the biggest heist in the history of the world.

The banks simply took advantage of a deal offer to them, a deal stating that the feds would assume any bad loans that the bankers made and they did.

If the Feds were short of cash they just printed more.

Unless all banks pass to the hands of the local governments the system will soon collapse.

That won't happen.

But if you really do want to make a difference make sure to have all your banking done at a local Credit Union. I know they are popular in Canada, I'm not sure about other countries.

That is a problem.

Higher costs not only reduce the value of money, it also can extremely hurt those with less money, even more so than it hurts

those who have excess wealth to lose.

I think your country, like mine, is seeing an increase in costs without added wages or a solid economy to level it out.

Nearly the whole world is increasing its' debt. If I remember correctly, only 5 of the major countries are not in some form of economic trouble.

In my opinion, The very wealthy of the world are playing games with their excessive wealth as they try to gain complete control over the world.

Then, there are the fanatics, that are controlled by their warped minds, bent on being killers and destroyers of anything good.

• 2 months later...

Seven startling things most people still don't know about the national debt, banking and the money supply

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger

Editor of NaturalNews.com

I looked through the news to see how the world took to how the US voted today, to raise the US debt ceiling.

After looking at about 40 sites I found the news was all bad. China within the hour, again lowered the credit rating of the US.

Companies say they will be tightening up their belts by laying off more workers.

Thus Government tax revenue will drop at a time when the govenment is now planning to print and spend more dollars.

The site below explains 7 ways that the US Government is already taking money from you that few people know about.

http://www.naturalnews.com/033207_national_debt_inflation.html

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/033207_national_debt_inflation.html#ixzz1TvuhBQ3R

• 3 weeks later...

If the destabilizers win in the US, then where in the world can an entrepreneur move to enjoy liberty and prosperity?

That can most likely only be answered once the New World Order Government and Economy is established.

• 1 month later...

I while back I heard that 1% of the US population pays 40% of the taxes.

Now I hear that the 1% also control 97% of the wealth. Doesn't that give these people a major 57% loophole. Maybe they don't have income on that 57% and only control that extra 57% of the wealth.

I wonder what the numbers are for the rest of the world? I hear there are a few pockets where economies are fairly good. Could that be where the 1% live.

View Post jeffryfisher, on 18 August 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

"If the destabilizers win in the US, then where in the world can an entrepreneur move to enjoy liberty and prosperity?"

Maybe we can move into the abandoned buildings on the moon, since we now know the moon has water. Although whoever built them apparently did not make a go of it.

Maybe they were tax payers and the government made them pay a hugh debt? Or, did they try to survived on GMO foods?

Now if they had RRT2, they could have learned a little bit about finances and how huge debt is a killer.

One thing RRT2 lacks is engineering food to delay rot, make seeds worthless, control farming and raise profits for the big tycoons, even when the food is not good for human health.

Maybe they can produce eatable dollars. Or, is that what they call Soil Green. http://forum.dune2k.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif http://forum.dune2k.com/public/style_emoticons/default/evil.gif

Jeffry, can you make a Soil Green factory? People in and cookies out.

Jeffry, can you make a Soil Green factory? People in and cookies out.

Sorry, but the closest I can come to that is to make a Solyndra "green energy" factory that will suck down gov't loans and then go bankrupt, sticking taxpayers with even more billions of debt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With what the governments of the world have been doing. The following might fit.

A driver is stuck in a traffic jam on the highway. Nothing is moving.

Suddenly, a man knocks on the window. The driver rolls down the window and

asks, "What's going on?" "Terrorists have kidnapped Congress, and are asking for a $10 million dollar ransom. Otherwise, they are going to douse them all in gasoline and set them on fire. We are going from car to car, taking up a collection."

"How much is everyone giving, on average?" the driver asks.

The man replies, "About a gallon."