Dilemma Down Under?

bill2759

More like Dilemma here in Florida. I can't quite get a Handle on this one. Some tries are better than others because I get a better layout of Industries and start to profit in the early years. Nevertheless, I have yet to achieve the Gold. The Briefing says to achieve 1 million in profits for three years in a row before the end of 1972. I guess I tried a dozen times without success. Starting in 1970, I checked my annual profits. If any of those years were below a million, I would quit and start over. Then I thought I'd try for Silver or Bronze.  Here's where it gets "Dumb" I did acheive a Million or more, (sometimes over two Million in a year) for three and for years in a row before 1977 or 1982 and the Darn game still wouldn't give me a Medal of any sort. Is this a Bug I don't know about and the Patch hasn't fixed, or do I have a glitch in my system thats out to get me. I could probably reload the game, but I hate the thought of losing all the previous Gold Medals I already have on display from the previous Scenarios.  If anyone else has encountered this Problem, I sure would like to hear about it.  My Impression of this one is, the longer the distance a load, (be it Passengers and Mail or Frieght) the more Cash it generates. This seems to be a better way to generate Profits than shorter Runs and less time consumed to raise Cash. When My new copy of Railroad Tycoon Platinum gets here I'll start all over again with all the new added Scenarios and see if it plays any better. Till then I'll try not to harm my monitor by banging my Head against it.

Old Bill  :P ??? :'(

I don't remember playing this map.

Distance normally pays well.

Turns and grades slow the trains and reduce profit.

Investment in the profitable industries increases profit.

If industries do not make a profit you will lose money.

But, if you meet the goals without a win something may be wrong.

I'll take a look at the map tonight.

make sure you have the 1.05 patch and/or the fixed version of the scenario

Still No Luck with this Darn Scenario. Way back on July 22, 2005, Loco-motive responded to another Frustrated user that they should have the patch and a fix for this scenario, that was available at this Site. What Fix and Where. I can find the patch download, but no sign of a fix for the Scenario.  

Old Bill  ::) :P ???

make sure you have the 1.05 patch and/or the fixed version of the scenario

Still No Luck with this Darn Scenario. Way back on July 22, 2005, Loco-motive responded to another Frustrated user that they should have the patch and a fix for this scenario, that was available at this Site. What Fix and Where. I can find the patch download, but no sign of a fix for the Scenario.  

Old Bill  ::) :P ???

not sure if this is what you want http://theterminal.dune2k.com/?p=rrt2-files-maps&id=195 - this is the fixed map but you'll need to start scenario again after you've put the map in the maps folder. you won't need to restart the campaign if you change the map but I'm not sure if you can patch the game in the muddle of a campaign

There are other  scenario fixes for RTII  - look under maps http://theterminal.dune2k.com/?p=rrt2-files-maps&maps=13 has links to them all

I can't fully remember but I think there was a problem in some versions where industry profits weren't added to the years income until after the profits were calculated so the value on the net income page wasn't the value actually measured by the events. I could be very wrong though.

When you get platinum patch it to 1.56. I've just played all the campaign again and got gold. One trick to make it easier is to connect to the Sydney companies track and then run between large towns along the coast. The restriction is not being able to run track that isn't connected to any company - it doesn't have to be your own company.

once you can get access to the coast it becomes easier.

Well I'd Like to reply that the new Map fixed my problem. But of course it didn't. I will state tho, that with much perserverance I was able to reach those briefing numbers in the required time frame and still the Game would not reward me with any sort of Medal. Just as I was about to remove and reinstall the Program from and on my Computer, My new Platinum edition arrive in the mail. I will start anew with this newer version through all the campaigns again and see what transpires immediatly after looking for and installing any patches or fixes on this Site. Whew! That was a long sentance.

Old Bill  :-\