Having two factories increases speed but.....

Vlads_Family

If you have 2 Construction Yards going does it cut time in half on Building Structures as it does on building other units.

Also how do I keep those freaking teleporting tanks out of my base they always slip in through one of the weak defended sides and I don't want to have to waste resources and men to cover 4+ sides of a base depending on size and location.

Get long ranged units to defend your base more. That way they get more range, more range=less units to take up the range, less units=less resources taken, less money=more money for offensive units, more units=better chance to win. And yeah two factories=more speed. Booyah!

You didnt know that if you build more Unit producing building's you can decrease building time?  :O .... In almost every westwood or strategy game it has Speed ups when you build double. In Red alert 1 They bit exxagerated. If you build two war fac's there you could like build lightning fast   :'(

Also how do I keep those freaking teleporting tanks out of my base they always slip in through one of the weak defended sides and I don't want to have to waste resources and men to cover 4+ sides of a base depending on size and location.

leave some empty space for the tanks to teleport in,build 10 fremen fedys ans wait at the empty spor.when their tanks teleport in,fire at will!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
[br]

[glow=red,2,0]of course you need defence on each spot of the base, not only for NIAB, but also for stealth units and for long range units firing at the rock edge in your base. That's a rule what is a rule with all WW-RTS...[/glow]

• 2 months later...

TA is by far not the only game who uses this... actully most games are like that, westwood uses different style... it's ok.. but i also like the dune2/TA/Starcraft/etc. style better

And TA AI isn't THAT bad... the only point of AI in TA that realy realy sucks is the pathfinding... omg.... all units want to go through the same path at the same time... when they're all mixed up they come to the solution this is impossible..... so what do they do? they wait....

and if everyone waits there is not movement