Pre-Conrail Map

Superchief

This is a map I struggled over for many years before finally finishing it three months ago. It is the Eastern US map with railroads and their track and stations added. Your task is to take one of them and turn a profit for a certain number of years. You start with a majority stake in all six so that you can assume chairmanship of one and go for gold. The goals are:

Bronze - 4 years of profits totaling at least 1 million

Silver - 5 years of profits totaling at least 1.5 million

Gold - 6 years of profits totaling at least 2 million

(yeah, I copied these from the Brazil map)

5 consecutive years of negative profits is a loss.

It's a fun map and a lot harder than I thought it would be. The railroad that I thought to be the hardest turned out to be the easiest and vice-versa.  Oh... one hint for those who wish to play: resources are vital for any type of win.

Conrail.zip

This is a map I struggled over for many years before finally finishing it three months ago. It is the Eastern US map with railroads and their track and stations added. Your task is to take one of them and turn a profit for a certain number of years. You start with a majority stake in all six so that you can assume chairmanship of one and go for gold. The goals are:

Bronze - 4 years of profits totaling at least 1 million

Silver - 5 years of profits totaling at least 1.5 million

Gold - 6 years of profits totaling at least 2 million

(yeah, I copied these from the Brazil map)

5 consecutive years of negative profits is a loss.

It's a fun map and a lot harder than I thought it would be. The railroad that I thought to be the hardest turned out to be the easiest and vice-versa.  Oh... one hint for those who wish to play: resources are vital for any type of win.

• 2 years later...

Attached is an updated version of this map.

The updates are:

- moved some stations to allow the game to place houses and industry closer to the cities.

- straightened some track for the Lehigh Valley.

- economy has been increased a little in order to make the cities and towns slightly larger.

- increased the amount of industry throughout New England, New York, and Pennsylvania.

Here are some tips:

RESOURCES - without resources to turn into something you are never going to win a medal, unless you start as the Penn Central.

The more lucrative industries you own, the better your chances of winning as medal, regardless of who you choose.

Winning a medal: Railroads in order from easiest to hardest:

1) Penn Central

2) Erie Lackawana

3) Lehigh & Hudson Valley

4) Reading

5) Lehigh Valley

6) Central Railroad of New Jersey

Tips for starting:

a) pick a railroad

cool.gif go to the stock screen and buy as much stock as you can.

c) go to the company screen as assume chairmanship

d) issue stock (Do This Before Taking Out A Bond!)

e) take out a bond

f) starting planning to mane money

It's very hard to expand, or to merge with another company. It also very hard to "stop the trains" due to the fact that your cities are not always exclusive to you, especially the very large cities!

Good Luck to all who download the map!

I have taken gold only once, bronze three other times, never silver.

One railroad I am currently stuck on, I have yet to play the last one.

I won't say who they are so as not to bias any of them!

East US before Conrail.zip

• 9 months later...

Attached is an update to my Eastern Railroads Before Conrail map.

The changes/modifications are as follows:

- Added Dover, Delaware as a city to give the Central Railroad of New Jersey an outlet as they are hemmed in pretty badly.

- Replaced the station at New Haven for the Lehigh & Hudon Valley to allow for the placing of a station in northern New York City, thereby allowing the player to capture some traffic that is not covered by a rival station.

- Incresed resources slightly in New England in order to help the L&HV as they are one of the most dependant on resources early.

- Changed the scenario win and loss events so that they fire at the beginning of the year. I noticed that before, with the trigger set at the end of the year that I obtained the six year of 2,000,000 in profits only to see the game give me a Silver. It seems it did not count they sixth 2 million profit in 1976.

East US before Conrail.zip

Oh, One other change!

- Repositioned the Buffalo, NY station for the Lehigh Valley to allow for expansion into Canada.

Fun fact: for years the preffered way for trains to move from the mDetroit to the east coast was via Windsor Tunnel-Buffalo. But with the advent of tri-level auto racks and high cube auto parts box cars most loads had to be moved through Toledo!