What do you think of Ronald Reagan?

I remember him as being a fairly good president.

As one of my college history professors would say, "explain, compare and contrast." I used to remember him as a good president but my opinion of him has changed over the years. Let's ask this question instead, "What is Ronald Reagan's legacy and is it relevant in today's world? Please explain, compare and contrast. Be sure to support your argument."

Thank you Nelson Delavan for making me a critical thinker!

--Ray.

Nelson Delavan passed away this last June or July.

Did you attend Lock Haven University?

PS:  Reagan's plan to reduce taxes to fix the economy did work.

Obama is now saying he will try a plan that looks like the Reagan plan.

So, maybe Obama can change and do something to fix our economy. 

Nelson Delavan passed away this last June or July.

Did you attend Lock Haven University?

That's sad. Yes, I did attend LHUP and Nelson Delavan was my advisor. He was the toughest history prof on campus but that was back when you had to write an essay or two inside 45 minutes in a bluebook. No multiple choice for this guy. It wasn't good enough for his students!  :)

BTW, I'm waiting for you to tell me why you like Reagan.

--Ray.

Reagan like myself was

originally a member of the Democratic Party, he switched to the Republican Party in 1962, at the age of 51. After delivering a rousing speech in support of Barry Goldwater's presidential candidacy in 1964, he was persuaded to seek the California governorship, winning two years later and again in 1970. He was defeated in his run for the Republican presidential nomination in 1968 as well as 1976, but won both the nomination and election in 1980.

I lived in California when he was governor and liked his style of leadership.

As president, Reagan implemented bold new political and economic initiatives. His supply side economic policies, dubbed "Reaganomics," included deregulation and substantial tax cuts implemented in 1981. In his first term he --- took a hard line against organized labor
,   This is something I liked,   
and ordered military actions in Grenada. He was reelected in a landslide in 1984. Reagan's second term was primarily marked by foreign matters, namely the ending of the Cold War, the bombing of Libya, and the revelation of the Iran-Contra affair. The president had previously ordered a massive military buildup in an arms race with the Soviet Union, forgoing the strategy of d