The biggest loser will be:

I listened to a commentator who said there was 3 parties in this election.

The Democrats, the Republicans and the Media.

He said the media would be the biggest loser.

The New York Times has been losing customers for some time.

Its' stock has now been classified as junk stock with a value below $10.00 dollars per share.

Very few of the major media companies have not suffered with loss revenue.

I would say any media that didn't maintain a balance in their news reporting deserves to suffer.

I would say any media that didn't maintain a balance in their news reporting deserves to suffer.

I used to agree with this (thinking of Faux News), however, I have realized that balance should not always be there either. For example, the media went wild on George Allen for a racial slur comment back in 2006. It wouldn't make much sense to be balanced in cases like that. Another example would be the conviction of Ted "tubes" Stevens this week.

On the other hand, I would not want the media to completely ignore a candidate either. Some third party candidates may have had a better chance if the media hadn't just covered the big two. Just this week I learned that there is a Constitutional Party and they have a candidate for President.

The trick is to see the bias and know that it is happening then try to isolate your own bias. :)

--Ray.

He said the media would be the biggest loser.

I'd say probably not. I think there will be a big schism in the GOP after this. They have to decide whether they will be the party of intelligent conservatism or the party of extreme nationalism, religion and guns. If they rebuild themselves back into the former then they will have a chance at a viable party. If they continue with the latter then it's over for the Republican party.

--Ray.

• 5 months later...

1.  Newspapers in the US have been going belly up, one after the other.  Many are stopping the presses, laying off people and moving to the INTERNET.  Now they are trying to figure out how to make money on the net.  I doubt their efforts to get people to pay for net news will be successful.  There are too many free news sites on the net.  So why would we want to pay for news by people who were not honest in their reporting as a newspaper.

2.  Yesterday a report was announced that the Arctic ice is melting because the air at the poles is much cleaner and the sun is able to warming the poles to a greater extent.  They say our ozone war is responsible.  We reduced our pollution and cleaned up the air.  This was done mostly by North America.

3.  One of Obama staff is proposing that we shoot pollutants into the high atmosphere.  He said this will cause the cooling we need.  It seems he has failed to read the reports that the Earth has been cooling since 1998.

4.  Also what happened to the report that a mini sub found a 70 to 80 mile long volcanic crack on the floor under the  ice.  This heating of contact water was causing columns of hot water to rise up under the ice.  This action was continuously supplying an inch thick blanket of warm water that is melting the ice from below.  The sun would heat the top of the ice.  I can find no reports of numerous puddles of water on top of the ice or even of any volume of water running off of the ice except for water from ice sitting on land. 

• 8 months later...
you bloody fool if you ask many people on this forum they will say that i am trustworthy and I rarely if ever lie.

and my question was if you had read anything by conservative writers at all?

I read literature from both sides and I try to research the many claims made.  It is not easy to know where or what the lies are, because they are too often promoted by the biased news and reports from both sides. 

It was refreshing to have the Global Warming hoax exposed.  Even with the exposer, the Global warning advocates are still promoting the hoax.  Must be gold and a method of control in that hoax for those fat cats.  Mr. Gore has made millions off of this hoax with his carbon credits.  He seems to have a good understand of the fools he is able to convince, that willingly hand him their gold. 

I'd like to see a strong third party surface in the US.  I'm sure a third party would be attacked by both major parties, as I believe the two major parties are both controlled by the same group of people behind the scenes, the enormously fat cats who want to control the world and they seem to have an unlimited supply of our money to possibly do it.

I've read that almost 80% of the people of the world don't care one way or the other.  They will just follow the flute to the edge of the cliff and fall off.