weakness of ordos....

ricksam

i have post something deadly problem for ordos..want someone answer how to solve it...

1. >:( harkonnen bazzsaw + infantry rush = harkonnen will sure win...

2.  >:(harkonnen gunship = 120 of aa trooper cant shop the purpose of 12 gunship...they got all they want before shoot them down !

3.  >:(in a map who call sandy pass, no ordos vs atreides can win here !

4.  >:(for ordos, i think fremen fadaykin is too strong. they can always kill kobra easily and if they join the team of assault..... deadly for ordos unit.and one more think is they can use worm to kill kobra....

finally i have a question: will someone use aa mine in this game? ???

Ordos units will obliterate Hark units.  Point number one is wrong.  Hark units pale in comparison to Ordos units.

The points you make about Gunships and Ordos AA defense is a good one.

A good Ordos rusher will murder a good Atreides player (unless the ATR is smart enough to quit under 3) on Sandy Pass.

Feds are useless against good Ordos players because they will mix up their forces with anti-Fed units.

I suggest that you play some more, learn the ways of Ordos, and realize that if you attack quickly with them, and attack well, you'll be winning most of your games.

If a Hark has 12 Gunships and you're Ordos, then you're screwed. Case closed.

The trick is to make sure he never has enough money to spare so he can build an air force. Either rush early in the game or keep harrasing his harvesters with hit & run.

You can't win in the skies, so you have to win on the ground.

I agree with EdricO.

When I first started playing Emperor, I'd never attack anyone.  I'd turtle and just try to defend.  Then I started attacking very late in the game.  I first used Ordos, but then I realized that the best House for Turtling is Atreides, so I switched to Atreides.

The longer I played and more experience I got with Emperor, the more I realized that to not attack your enemy means that if your enemy is good, he's gonna win in most cases.  Putting a halt to your enemy's economy is of the utmost importance.   So I started attacking earlier and earlier.  But Atreides are not good for attacking Hark or Ordos early.

Now, I am kinda pondering switching to Ordos or Hark, but the one and only thing that is holding me back is their crappy AA defense.   That means in any long games, most good ATR players would obliterate my economy with Air Drones.

Those are the breaks when it comes to Emperor.   If you want a good air defense, you have no choice but to use Atreides.  

HAH!  Ordos, weak?  I beg to differ...Play me and you'll understand.  I havn't lost in the last 2 months to any atreides or hark opponents, just to other ordosians.

They build and move so fast that you'll be dead well before you can get 12 gunships.  And trust me, buzzsaws and infantry can't even come close to dusts, chems, and lasers.

No they arent a head on fighting squad but their speed and sneakyness gives them an edge.  If I didn't believe this I wouldn't use them.  Other houses need sub-house help to survive.

i actually think atrietes can beat ordos, house for house, no subhouses.  i also think ordos can beat atrietes house for house.  I think hark can beat ordos if you can control your harvesting till you get enough of a attack force built.  Harks largest problem is the time it takes them to build, not what they build.  You give me 5 hark tanks and some infantry and i'll be just as comprobable as ordos tanks and infantry, it's how you use em, now what you use

this has been posted b4 by someone (i dont remember) but it was true.

the best atreides can beat the best ordos

the best ordos can beat the best hark

the best hark can beat the best atreides

thats about how it goes.

Atreides need Feds to win ordos.

Every house is equal with their own advantages. Most Ordos units are weak and can slow down if they are hit? Maybe thats why the Assault tank + Trooper + Flamethrower inf + Buzzsaw + Missile tank is so good? Missile tank shoots... Las tank..Dustscout.. Apc.. Dead Cobra (Halfdead) Deviator (Halfdead)

Buzzsaws can slow down the speedy units of the Ordos, so the other units can finish them off. Since they have two guns, they "could" be able to finish off a Laser tank just barely.

Atreides have some counters against the Ordos as well. The Mongoose and Kindjals + Light infantry + Snipers are the best counters against the their speedy units.

In short, use your units wisely.

As for AA Ordos... Many don't even seem to think of the APC as AA, but they are the best Ordos AA there is.

Sure, it's expensive, but they are fast and can get to where any gunships are and take em out no problem. 2 apc's should be able to go in, take one out, and maybe even make it back depending on where they are and what map it is.

To start out it your poor, though. Use the AA inf for defense, about 4 in a group. But I like to use the apc's for protecting my harvesters and attacking their carryalls.

The only  problem I see with the apc's is sardaukar elite units cost much less and it's just not a very fair trade. So mix in a few dusty's and you'll do fine.

Quite right, the Ordos' APC is handy as triple-A, especially if loaded with missile troopers.  Load it up with two of each kind of Sardaukar, plus a scout, and it becomes ideal for harvester hunting.

quote author=Ordos-Suspero link=board=emperor-generalstrategy;num=1021510421;start=0#9 date=05/15/02 at 04:22:44]Every house is equal with their own advantages. Most Ordos units are weak and can slow down if they are hit? Maybe thats why the Assault tank + Trooper + Flamethrower inf + Buzzsaw + Missile tank is so good? Missile tank shoots... Las tank..Dustscout.. Apc.. Dead Cobra (Halfdead) Deviator (Halfdead)

Buzzsaws can slow down the speedy units of the Ordos, so the other units can finish them off. Since they have two guns, they "could" be able to finish off a Laser tank just barely.

1. just protect ur morter infantry, that wil make it more difficult for harkonen to kill everything.

2. if you have your large assault, then don't expect to face an ordos player with only a few dustscouts.

3. ordos are deadly vs assault tanks AND buzsaws, sure they'll slow them down IF THEY RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!

4. subhouses wil rip apart any harkonen assault if combined properly with house units.

ordos forever 8)

Ken, i can say the same to the Ordos, Harkonnen can atleast resist against the fremen and other subhouse units.

1 - Drive the mortar infantry over, if you have a missile tank and some assault tanks. It will beat the "so" called protection.

2 - What are you talking about?

3 - Assault tanks + gunships + buzzsaws + Missile tanks + Troopers + flamethrower verhicle/infantry = Nightmare of the Ordos.

4 - Best subhouses against Ordos = Ix, Fremen , Sardaukar.

Not that i'm a ordos hater or anything.  :P

Ken, i can say the same to the Ordos, Harkonnen can atleast resist against the fremen and other subhouse units.

1 - Drive the mortar infantry over, if you have a missile tank and some assault tanks. It will beat the "so" called protection.

2 - What are you talking about?

3 - Assault tanks + gunships + buzzsaws + Missile tanks + Troopers + flamethrower verhicle/infantry = Nightmare of the Ordos.

4 - Best subhouses against Ordos = Ix, Fremen , Sardaukar.

Not that i'm a ordos hater or anything.

I play Ordos. I love their units. I like to deviate the enemy, I like to hide in dustbowlss then ambush, I love laser tank charges and piling engineers into APCs to capture all enemy buildings and then blast them with their own units.

LONG LIVE HOUSE ORDOS!

Other laser units or other shielded units?

Yes, but the secret is not to get hit. That's how you play Ordos well. And in any case, the Hakonnen may keep working at the same speed for longer, but the hits each can take are probably the same. Anyone got any proof otherwise? Show me if you do, then I'll admit I'm wrong. IF I am.

If ordos attacks on the move, (with lasers or otherwise) then they may get hit some, but not much,then they run away and heal. Not many people take adavntage of that, (or I haven't seen it) Atreides never self repair, and repair vehicles are weak, adn harks only repair at all if they are level two. ordos always heal, and their infantry repairs at level one, while hark and Atreides infantry repair at level two.