Good Strategy?

Dante

Chances are someone has come up with this before me, but I find that 5-6 Ixian projectors allied with House Ordos can really be useful. Why? Because all you need is one deviator and the above mentioned projections and then send massive armies of them at the enemy! ;D

They are quick to produce, work just like the real thing, and best of all cost nothing! True they disappear, but they can fire a few shots beforehand, and the enemy can't attack every unit in a massed army at once. All you have to watch out for is spice, the projections drop off like flies over the stuff while it's rising.

Any comments? Any reason why it won't work? (Besides the uses of enemy infantry)

projections cant be deployed, a projected wormrider cannot eat units for it has to touch them first.

it would be nice to actually duplicate a shai hulud, just imagine, you project a shai hulud and suddenly the entire force in front of you  disappears, unfortenetly this wil not happen because the worm has to touch them first :'(

Yes, sorry, I did mean projections, thingys. :-[

But projected infiltrators do have one use, the relative speed and camouflage allows them to spy out enemy bases very effectively.

I prefer to use infiltrators to Fremen for spying out enemy bases, they're faster, quicker to produce, and if you use real ones and not just projections then they can blow up some of the enemy if/when they are discovered. I have rid the world of many a turret using those little spidery guys.

True, but what happens if the Scout is found?

BOOM!  :O

No more Scout. At least infiltrators can do some damage if they're found. And two Fedaykin seems like an idea, but they fire shots and don't explode unless there's somethig VERY wrong with them. Besides, they have a tendancy to stray from the paths I so clearly give them. Nah, infiltrators for me. Or once, a NIAB tank that had hit a crate and turned camouflaged.

Any reason why it won't work? (Besides the uses of enemy infantry)

keep in mind if they do use infatry and there atr then you can duplacate sniper if not but you have the fem has your subhouse then dupleate them. ;)

oooh, the stealth NIAb, everyones worst nightmare...

*shivers*

I loved it. When a unit hits a stealth crate I always try to preserve it. I'm a collector, so I keep it as a novelty, and in the case of the NIAB tank or the deviator, a very useful weapon.

That's an idea! What if you could have a way of transferring a limited number of units from one savegame to another. Say, you get attached to a Dust Scout that has survived enemy attacks since the beginning and you want to take it with you, you could. Like a pet. This is not as silly as it sounds, I have taken care of units in this way before, just like a pet. Maybe I'm just sad.....Nah.

lol, lets feed the dustscout some worms ;D he'll grow large of those eh? ::) ;D :D

Grow large OF those? ? ?   Ok then....

But it's true, I do look after 'pet' units. Usually Dust Scouts or Sardaukar, occasionally other infantry. Then I save the game and keep the little guys forever, visiting them every so often and feeding them enemy units. It' great fun so I thought it would be a good idea to take them with you.

have you ever recieved psychiatric therapy? :)

Can you imagine a "pet" Sardukar? (In real life)

Here boy, no don't shoot my dad, bad boy, no no its ok really, I mean it do you want some ice-cream or something, dont point that at me, good boy, no not that either, do you want a tennis ball, Ok ok Ill get you an M79, No I want to get you an M79, No i don't have a machete with me, no dont get mad, I'll find one,...

get the picture?  ;D

;)

Imagine a devastator.

Mom and Dad comes home and see's a huge mecha peeling outside of the roof with his Missile turret and Plasma guns.

They probably get mad.

"I told you not to take giant pets with you! Just look at him, he maked a mess from our house. Get him out! "

*Devastator gets mad, screaming with a surge of hyperness.*

WEAPONS TO MAXIMUM!

OPEN FIRE ALL WEAPONS!!!!!

*Deva opens all the weapons, lobbing the powerfull plasma at the Parents, watching them run away panicly. *

I don`t its possible, since almost whole page is about pet devas and other puppies ;)

But it was about stealth NIABs and infiltrators anyway. I think when your enemy has a lot units, infiltrator sometimes don`t do any damages and if they are Ordos or Atreides, they repair themselves and infiltrator dead without purpose.

I tend to use infiltrators to destroy buildings rather than units. Units destroy them too quickly for any real damage to be caused. And true, Ordos and Atreides repair, and most Harkonnen can survive the blast and just roll on unimpeded.

And thanks for the sarcastic remarks about the pet units guys, I thought they were really funny. Haven't giggled so much in ages...In any case, yes I do actually have a pet Sardaukar and elite. They recieve special attention and have been trained to elite level. In another savegame there are five of them, the leader hit a crate and is stealth.

I would have nothing against pet mangoose, it could shot to flies and other insects ;)

And I use infiltrators for destroying both units and buildings but when enemy has strong defence, it wouldn`t reach building. It good to make House Ix fast and send infiltrators when enemy hasn`t defence good enough to not allow infiltrator damage sth.