Another "some maps won't work" question

anthracite

I just can't convince myself RRT3 is better than RRT2. I bought RRT3 quickly when it came out in 2004 for my then-new windows xp machine, but it kept crashing and hanging and i went back to RRT2 for the last 4 years. I am assuming there are at least a few of you in this forum who had the same experience or feel the same way.

As you can imagine I have played nearly all the maps available in The Terminal by downloading them into my maps subdirectory and unzipping them, but a few remain undetected by the game. For example, in my most recent downloads from this forum, i could use the new northern pennsylvania-new york border map (nice job), but not the Civil War or Caucasus maps. I think it is the file extension type. I can see the MAP files and most of the Winamp media files, but none of the GMP file extensions. They are in the directory but are not recognized or listed in the game scenario map list. Is there a way to convert GMP to MAP? Any other tricks or suggestions?

Also, is there a way to get the Great Lakes map mentioned in this forum as "archived"?

Any other sources for RRT2 maps besides this site?

Thanks for the trouble--- I probably should have made an account here about 3 years ago and been sociable.

I was a beta tester for RT3 and came back to RT2. 

I felt RT3 was rushed out the door and never completed as it should have been.

A new game is being designed by players.  With so much player input, It should be a good one when done.

You can change the extension by removing the old and typing a new extension.

Some maps are made for the Second Century Version of RT2.  The SC Version should play both map styles.

Some maps are in the forum.  I need to get them moved to the map pages.  You can download from the forum.

Jesse was going to look to see why I am having a problem doing this.  But, I know he is busy. I'll try doing it again.

Glad you became a name here.  I know I have a lot of visitors. Too bad there is not a counter for visitors.

Visitors have always been welcome at The Terminal.

• 2 weeks later...
i could use the new northern pennsylvania-new york border map (nice job).

Thanks! :) Glad you liked it. I'm not finished with it yet. I have to add some information to the yearly ledger that forgot before I released it and I have thought about making two "spin-off" maps based on the history of the area (WAG (yes, another one!) and Buffalo and Susquehanna maps).

--Ray.