How do you start a new company?

Hello everybody :)

I have been playing RRT2 for some time now and have a question.  I know how to start my first company but after I have build my wealth I do not know how to start my second company.  I see the computer do it all the time but can anybody help me out?

Thanks

I have been playing RRT2 for some time now and have a question.  I know how to start my first company but after I have build my wealth I do not know how to start my second company.  I see the computer do it all the time but can anybody help me out?

You start a new company in the same way you start your first company.  It's the last entry in the "Show Companies" list box (you many need to scroll to the bottom of the list to see it).  You are required to resign as chairman of the your current company

But ... it's possible for the map designer to prevent you from starting a new company, so the reason you may not be able to find the option is it has been disabled on the map you are playing.

Thanks for relying to my post.  I do not see it.  I have RRT2 platinum edition, and I play on the United States map.  I have 30 million dollars of my own money and I do not see the words that says start a new company.  I do not understand how the computer can start a new company but I can not.

I just checked, there is a general restriction set that players cannot start multiple companies.

The reason you can't start a new company (again) is that the option has been disabled. 

Your options are:

1) Learn to live with it.

2) Play another map

3) Edit the map and remove this condition.

To do (3),

- Start RT2

- From the main menu, select "Editor" then "Load Map"

- Select the map in question: "United States" then click on "OK"

- Click on the "Map Options" icon (second from the top on the right hand side)  You should get a large dialog box called "Map Setup"

- Click on "General Restrictions", about half way down on the left hand pane.

- There should now be a list of restrictions and checkboxes with a scroll bar in the right hand pane.  Scroll down to the very last one: "Player may start multiple companies" and un-check it, then click OK.

- Click on the "File Options" icon and the bottom on the right hand side - the one that looks like a floppy disk (does anyone else remember those?)

- Click in "Save Map".

- Rename the map (click in the name at the bottom of the screen and rename it so you don't override the original)

- Load and play the modified map.

Hope this helps.