The favorite maps challenge

I tend to play the same half dozen maps over and over again.  Yes, I know them well.  I enjoy the challenge of seeing if I can find better track layouts, better ways across those horrible grades (I like mountain scenarios), and beating the scenario earlier than the last time.

Don't know why I missed this eartlier, from another thread. Thomasjordan, care to share you maps and maybe results for us to beat?

In return I will do a thread on my results with fewest engines for the Original Campaign for anyone else still playing to match or beat. I'm currently continuing this with the TSC Campaign.

Well, my favorist map is the Switzerland NA (for North American engines) map that I uploaded here several months ago.  My personal best is starting in 1830 and earning gold in 1887.  I do play the World engine version and the European version (designed for a 1896 start with electric track), but I don't enjoy them quite as much.  The track layouts are the same for all three - it's just a change of start year and engine types (and operating costs - the later start years can be financially prohibitive).

My second favorite map is the Great Northern, although I have modified it to more closely replicate the Union Pacific.  I still fool around with edits, as I've never gotten it quite the way I want it. 

My third favorite map is Durango.  I've also done some reprogramming to it.  I have two basic scenarios that I play with: the Denver & Rio Grande, and the Denver, South Park, & Pacific.  The DSP&P scenario is actually more fun, and uses only a small portion of the map.

I just discovered the Louisiana-Mississippi map.  No mountains (boo) but it's pretty accurate (I'm a resident of Louisiana).  I've changed western Louisiana and eastern Texas a bit (that's where I live) to increase the accuracy, and moved a few of the towns a bit, but all in all it's a good map.  Thinking of doing something with it about the railroad wars of the 1890s and early 1900s between the Missouri Pacific, Southern Pacific, Santa Fe, and Kansas City Southern (which runs through my back yard).