James Hill, Bourbon Democrat

Gwizz

I'm thinking about starting a map for RT3 version 106.

I would like to include the politics of James Hill.

After doing some research, I found it interesting to find out he was a Moderate Bourbon Democrat who occationally supported Republicans. He was a truely thinking person.  It seemed the majority of the Democratic party was controlled in the late 1800s by the very wealthy.  Then in the early 1900s through the 1970s by the more common people, then back into the control of the very wealthy up to the present time. (Of course today both the Democratic and the Republicans are controlled by the very wealthy)  I really expected Hill to be a member of the Whig party of his time. He was a creature of oppertunity, a hard worker that was deeply involved in a hands on way in everything he attemped.  He was a true micromanager that created his own success.  And, successful he was.

How how do I include his politics into a map in an active way which is not made up of only dialogs?

Side note: It is interesting that an effort is being made in 2007 to restart the whig party, as well as many other parties.  Possibly because of the discontent by the common people with the sameness of two party system.  But, the deck has been stacked against a third party being successful.   It was also interesting that there has long been a big push by almost all parties to liberalize the constitution.  It is a wonder that more negitive laws haven't watered it down more then they have.

Side note: It is interesting that an effort is being made in 2007 to restart the whig party, as well as many other parties.  Possibly because of the discontent by the common people with the sameness of two party system.  But, the deck has been stacked against a third party being successful.  It was also interesting that there has long been a big push by almost all parties to liberalize the constitution.  It is a wonder that more negitive laws haven't watered it down more then they have.

At risk of being thrown off this forum and never being allowed entry into the US again...

You guys need to adopt preferential voting (nominating candidates by preference 1, 2, 3 etc) if more than two parties will ever have a chance of forming a government.  And even then ...