What version do you have

TheDS

What version of RT2 do you have? (if you have more than 1, pick the best one)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What version of RT2 do you have? (if you have more than 1, pick the best one)

• RT2 Platinum
    • RT2 Gold
    • RT2 Second Century
    • RT2 Vanilla
    • I don't know
    • There's more than one version?
    • I don't believe in voting

There's a lot of versions out there. It can be confusing to people who don't live and breathe this game, presumably because they have a life. But there are a lot of people on this forum who ask about how to do something, and the answer can depend on the version. So I'm wondering if everyone knows that they can get the Platinum Edition, that it includes everything RT2, and that it's really really cheap, like $5 new from Amazon, and having this will make many questions go away (like, why can't I build bridges over oceans).

So it becomes a matter of knowing how big of a problem we have on our hands, that is, knowing how many people have deprived themselves (presumably unknowingly) of the best RT2 experience available, or if they don't want it, why not.

I'd also like to see a comparison of the features of each edition, so people can see just what they're missing out on.

So, vote for the version you have, and let's discuss how to improve the numbers (it's possible to change your vote when you get the better version).

Couldn't stop myself.... I went and looked up the differences between the four games and made a rinky-dink chart out of it, which you can see by clicking here. I couldn't find everything I was looking for, but I think I got the gist of it. Any additions or corrections, lemme know.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled poll.

I choose Gold since I didn't buy platinum. 

All Platinum seemed to offer was extra maps. 

Most of these maps I already had and I make my own maps anyway.

I run Rt2 tsc on my XP and the Gold version on the ME machine.

TSC or a higher version is the way to go.

I agree the first RT2 became old hat when TSC came onboard