RRT2 Campaign #15

I'm guessing you haven't played many of the preceeding scenarios in this campaign, else I doubt you would find this one very difficult.

Don't copy the AIs. They are given large handicaps to counteract their poor play.

Try something a little more enterprising like maybe Perth to Kalgourlie, with a station in Merriden, starting with maybe 3 6-car Pacifics between Perth and each of those 2 cities. Also take out a bond and improve the stations with restaurant, saloon, hotel and post office asap. Do some initial track leveling in Perth too and try and come out due east.

Pay yourself a small dividend and increase it a bit on a regular basis and nibble away at purchasing your stock, and AI stock if they have connected reasonably balanced cities with reasonably level track. Buy some on margin where a safe position would probably be where your negative cash is more or less the same as your positive purchasing power. Or be as daring as you want, especially early on because prices will go up quickly.

You might build a small station in Adelaide to keep the AI out, then when you can raise enough cash by taking out bonds you can run a line fron there to Sydney, with customs improvements which seem to be necessary. Or you could do almost anything else.

I won't get into "stop the trains", but needless to say in this scenario, it makes a rather quick game.