question about self made maps

I think you may have the "buy industries" clicked off.

Open editor and go to options (I think, not sure) Anyway it is where you can turn things off and on. Turn buying buildings back on. 

Welcome to the forum.  Stop by anytime.

• 4 weeks later...

It is enough to play on Hard. According the the options the differences between Hard and Expert is the Revenue Modifier for human and computer players respectively.

The important thing to setup to be able to buy industries is to is to set the Industrial Model to Expert (which is done when selecting Hard or Expert level). From the New Scenario setup, press the Options button and then select the appropriate model level. help texts will appear at the bottom when you hover the mosue over the different selections.

regards

/Magnus

• 1 month later...

Dear Snoopy,

May I suggest that you lose RT2 and get the TSC version?  (I bought a copy of the Platinum version from Amazon UK the other day for better compatability with WinXP).

TSC offers more industries and hence richness and flexibility to the game.  Some new locos too which fill gaps.  Best of all is the ability to "store" cargoes at stations; hence you can have a feeder branch line with a cheap loco dropping off goods at a main line station to be rushed off by an expensive express; that's how real railways work and one of the beauties of TSC. 

Once you've played TSC, the basic RT2 is but a pale imitation, the difference is that great!  :)

• 2 months later...