Custom logos?

Rikki

I was just wondering, is it possible to add our own company logos to the game?  I suppose it's silly to care about such superficial things but it would be nice to have logos that are a better fit with my names (like first-letter initials, for example.)

Rikki

Cool!  And I see there are SFX, too!  Ah, the benefits of being a latecomer...  ;)

Hmm.  I see the downloads but couldn't find the "discussion" you mentioned.  Or am I supposed to search for that thread here at this forum?

Rikki

I think the forum Gwizz is talking about is actually discussion about making new locos, not logos, and yes-it is hidden, although there are quite a few other topics to be found at my forum that are quite open, especially discussion about Sid's new game, 'Railroads!'.

It was a private forum I set up for the modders to discuss their project. The results of those discussions is 'The Un-Official Railroad Tycoon 3 Locomotive Pack V-1.0', found at the link Gwizz gave.

For info on making custom logos try PJay's site.

http://studwww.ugent.be/~pbusscha/rt3/

Phew!  I thought I was asking a simple question but now I've been to both sites, registered at the H&B site, read as much as I could find, and now I'm more lost than ever.  ???

First I downloaded a pack of logos (Mr. Scott pack 1) and dropped it in my UserExtraContent folder as instructed in the Readme document but they didn't show up when I launched the game.  That's when I went back to the sites and did some more searching and reading but could not find out what was wrong with the files, or what I needed to do to get them to work.

To begin with, I have a Mac.  I did not see any separate download area for Mac files so I assume these files work for both PC and Mac versions of RT3.  Is that correct?

Second, I am not much of a technoid so I wasn't able to understand the so-called explanations offered. (PK4, which is the type of file that I downloaded, is described as a "packaging format," but I don't have a clue what a packaging format is, or why I need to know about "packaging" to use the logos.)

Can somebody just explain to me how I download & install new logos in a few simple sentences, please?

Thanks!  (Off to get some aspirin...)

Rikki