Tleilaxu Strategy

Guest Cheatah

Guest Cheatah

OK guys, this is a pretty basic tactic: build three leeches and go after a patrol, be sure to get every leech to infect another vehicle, infect as much vehicles as you can and retreat (if they're still alive). Now wait a couple of minutes till those infected vehicles are "hatched" and with the new leesches, go after another patrol... EASY isn't it? (PS: works best against ordos and harkonnen, no repair-vehicles)

Cheatah

Guest Albatross

Actually, I laugh at anyone who'd use that against Ordos. Even on the largest maps, it won't take more than a minute or two for the super-fast Ordos vehicles (excluding Kobras) to zip to the other side and get healed by an Engineer. Even less if you haul one or two in your APC's (which you need for AA coverage anyway).

What I do is mix the suckers in with my Tron Tank raiding parties. I love rushing over, infesting something with Group 2 (Leeches), calling in Group 3 (Laser Tanks), and wiping the target out. Fairly easy to do, and you can get a LOT of Leeches. Unless you're attacking a huge army (which, if you let them build, means you've got more hit-and-run practice to do before playing THAT guy again), you can wrack up vast amounts of Leeches this way, for a comparitively tiny investment.

Too bad Contaminators suck so much. Leeches are cool, but those Contaminators are too expensive and too weak.

Guest God_Emperor

Ahh... does anybody realize that you dont necessarly need to repair the leeched unit!!! You can always ask any nearby unit of yours to force fire onto the leeched unit... it'll get rid of the leech but inflict a bit of damage onto your vehical. So basically IMHO leeches aren't so great because sooner or later people are going to realize that you can shoot those suckers of. As for me I rather take the chance that I might kill my own unit... rather than allow someone else to get the kill and a new leech... but then again that's just me.

Leeches are different from Terror Drones. Leeches don't grab onto their pray, they shoot it. And they're easier to remove, but if they're not removed the enemy gets free Leaches. This doesn't happen with the TDs.

That summed up the differences.

Guest Albatross

LOL

Yeah, you can shoot em off.

But how many times, in a battle, are you going to stop and micromanage your units to shoot leeches off each other when they are getting reamed by enemy fire? Read what I said during my post. This isn't Starcraft or RA2, you don't let "infected" units just sit there until they die (or report to the enemy), you follow up with a strike and reap a harvest of more units for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets all look at this. How many times can we compare subhouse units to Star Craft? I mean first is the Ixian Projector being like High Templar's hallucination. Now the leeches are being compared to SC's infected units. Since this is a strategy page I'll say one thing. Don't waste money on contaminators. They are expensive and can be killed easily.

As I have said on another page, I like Leeches.

Cheatah here said that he infects as many units as he can and then waits until new Leeches hatch. The problem is (I found) is that the new Leeches stand still for a while before they can move and often the other player (even a computer) can blow them up with some other units waiting around. Does anyone have a remedy for this?

Guest XehutL

Contaminators are not so expensive :)

You have to create only one, othe you mutate from your cheapest infantry - scouts. But still they are not so effective, even in large numbers.. but anyone tried this? :D

-X-

Brilliant, XehutL! I would never have thought of that! Now I've got to try THAT one out :).

But nobody's answered me about the problem with the leeches :( (perhaps it's a stupid question).

Leeches are a very effective unit but they are not going to suit everyones style of play, they are extremely good at hit and run tactics except if you try using a leech on a Las tank you will not get very far because while the leech is good at hit and run the las tank is better! While the leech stops and shoots the las tank moves away and fires at the leech, and yes even if the las tank gets infested it doesn't take long to get it repaired. Aside from this one weakness against fast vehicles the leech is very handy to have around.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...