Dirty Bomb Plot

ordos45

Discovered to eventually detonate a dirty bomb in Washington D.C.  Who is the culprit, the prime suspect in the league with Al Quaeda is a US citizen.

www.cnn.com  has the details.  Gotta love my government, it captures the suspect a month ago and only announces it now.

Yes, easily :/

Just since Biblic times were Palestinians enemy nation for them. Only full solvement of this cause is by total genocide of one side. But we as humanistic countries can't accept it. Diplomatic negotiations are ineffective. There's only one way: to live both together, no matter of war, all long wars were ended by time - people found peace better. In next centuries will they find how to live like that. Remember that Israel is just 50 year old country.

There is a good solution to the Israel Palestina conflict:

1)  Make Palestina a real state.

2)  Declare Jerusalem neutral and put it under UNO-administration!  (because Jerusalem has always been the main conflict zone, so no one should get it)

3)  The israelic settlers in Palestina should go back to Israel!

I mean Israel should know that it is a provacation to settle in Palestina territory.  Just image cuba founding some settlements in the USA, how would they react?  Thats why I can understand the Palestinian people and their anger, also its wrong to kill innocent people (soldiers, OK, but not innocent people)

Hate to tell you but they tried the Palestine as its own state thing before.  The former Israeli Prime Minister was willing to give almost half the country to the Palestinians, a lot of rights, and share Jersusalem with them, Arafat refused.

Israel, was created by an act of the United Nations.  So officially you can blame them, though they have been warring nations since Biblical Times.  You would think they would have found a diplomatic solution after a few thousand years.

As for Cuba having US Colonies, ever hear of a city called Miami?  Full of people who have fled Castro's regime, who send US money back to support their relatives.  The US dollar is legal money in Cuba now.

As for the soldiers, imagine being one.  You are walking to work one day without a care in the world because for once you are happy and have only been out of training a few weeks, never having killed anyone.  Nothing big has happened all week, just one minor protest.  You get on your bus, it moves away from the curb, and explodes in a fireball.

You take something both countries have fought for for a long time away from them, you are going to have a huge conflict. They aren't going to say "Oh, well since my enemy doesn't have it I'm ok with it.", they are going to say "I don't have it, it was our God-given right to it, I should have it!". These are people who are very religious, but it seems nowadays it's about politics more.

England made a big mistake giving entire Palestina to the jews (officially UN gave it but England managed to be supervisor and made in fact the decision). Now there's a new generation of jews there and of course they have just as much right to be there. The UN turned their back on this when the jews moved in and now they have to take responsiblity and actively do something about the situation, because both sides are at fault.

But wait....wasn't this topic about a bomb in the USA?

i was too lazy to read the rest of this but...

i love my gov too

especially bush

i soo smart

i wish i could be as smart as him (durg)

seriously...what the heck is a dirty bomb?

also

i live almost in miami( a couple miles away)

when i went with my sis to her college in tallahassee the capital we stopped at a restraunt and this old guy was talking about "well it isnt even america down there" and such

but it isnt true

i barely see any spanish people at my school and some of those arnt cuban

but i can see how you could assume that

Ah, okay.  I must be wrong.  As for the government and all, everyone has different opinions.  Has anyone else noticed a political thread always strays off topic to Israel, Bush, or India/Pakistan?

A dirty bomb is a conventional explosive stuffed with radioactive materials.  Basically, the bomb explodes and radioactive materials release radiation.  So it is technically not a nuclear weapon.

Someone thinks that nukes are all one thing. Yes, on this world exists small nuclear weapons of 10-20 kt TNT equivalent with size of a suitcase, but they are strictly guarded in deposits of NSA and FSB. Dirty bomb? These bombs are full of kilograms of cobalt and mercury, it can't be in that size, also it's very hard to construct without being poisoned. Do you think Al-Kaida have at least one nuclear reactor or plutonium preparation facility? It's impossible.

Ivik, it is easy to get radioactive materials. Heck, in america a company can get them with little questioning. All that Al kaida would need to do is buy some raw materials from another country. Dirty bombs arent as effective as people think. They are great terror weapons though. If you slap "radioactive" on the incident people will be scared horribly.

I live in the DC area, so this definitely catches my attention...and perhaps its only a matter of time before they do succed at pulling something off.  That's why it is essential to stick it to them now.  

Supposedly the dirty bomb would cause more fear than direct damage.  The main concern would probably be panic associated with radiation.  The guys intent was to get the material here in the US supposedly...possibly in a university lab or something like that.  I don't think its as easy to get as they were hoping though.

Perhaps the biggest surprise is that he was a hispanic (I believe) gang member from Chicago (somewhere around there) who converted and joined up with Al Queda.  

Next topic: What should the US do with Walker and this guy who are members of terrorist groups but also American citizens.  Some say they should hang and others say about how they are entitled to full rights.  Interesting!