Some Questions

Hey all...

I've been playing RT2 Platinum off and on for a couple years now.....and been lurking around here for about the same amount of time......

I've got a couple of questions.....

Someone mentioned in another post about using the "Stop the Trains" and the Laying Electric Tracks "cheats"......and I was curious to know....what exactly these are?? I've got a pretty good idea about the electrc Track but am Puzzled at why it's considered a cheat.....So if someone could explain to me what they are and what you gain from them I would appreciate it.......

Also.....For the most part my Play has all been the Same.....Expert Industry and Advanced Finances......but Lately I've taken to Playing Expert Finances as well.......

Does anyone have any Tips or anythign on how best to use my PP in the Stock Market...as I've been sticking to my "Advanced" Tactics of buying only what I could physically afford...I have ventured in a  couple of times and went about 2 clicks or so and bought my Own stock on MArgin....but I've been afraid to go into the Complexities of it that the AI seem to love to do.....and MArgin myself into a -1.5 Million Cash.....So any tips on how best to utilize Margin and Short Selling would be appreciated......

Electric track is almost free if you plant the track one cell at a time.

It is consided a cheat by some players because it was not an intended operation when the game was programed.  I guess a player could say the RR has maintenance men that do this work at little cost or they made a deal with an electric power company or were just tycooning, etc. 

Stop the trains:  controls when your RR will reach a station and be paid.

Trains are stopped short of a station. If no trains reach a station for a month or more the value of stock drops.  You would then buy the stock at the reduced value which causes the value to increase.  By releasing the trains to arrive at their stations, profit is made and the stock value will again increase in value.  If you then sell the stock you bought, you have made a gain.  I don't think of this as a cheat since it was used by many real life tycoons.  I guess it all depends upon how big a tycoon you want to be. 

Margin buying:

I almost alway use this to gain enough cash for expansion.  But if stock value drops and I'm deep into margin I could get a margin call that could distroy me.  I try to keep margin at about 50% unless my RR is very profitable with rising stock value, then I may go very deep into margin.  Having money to invest is a method for developing future profits. 

I use Shorting Stock less often.  Then for selling one or two blocks of stocks. 

How it works:    If I think chances are good that stock value will drop, I will sell stock I don't own with the plan to shortly buy it back at a reduced value, then return the shares to the owner and keep the differance as my profit. 

Remember there are expensives associated with trading stocks that take a bite out of your profit.

Someone mentioned in another post about using the "Stop the Trains" and the Laying Electric Tracks "cheats"......and I was curious to know....what exactly these are?? I've got a pretty good idea about the electrc Track but am Puzzled at why it's considered a cheat.....So if someone could explain to me what they are and what you gain from them I would appreciate it.......

461.zip