How to write scripts

kevinoconnor

Actually Ned. PJay's site mainly deals with the texturing of loco's and buildings. I don't think there's any reference to what Kevin was asking about, 'course I could be wrong. I haven't read every word on every page at PJay's site.  ;D ::)

However, some of what you're looking for, Kevin, may be found in the downloadable zip files found here.  ;)

I think it depends on what you are looking for. In this file you get the specs for locos and you can figure out the values if you are changing their properties in the event editor.

http://studwww.ugent.be/~pbusscha/rt3/fileformats/LCOspec.txt'>http://studwww.ugent.be/~pbusscha/rt3/fileformats/LCOspec.txt

http://studwww.ugent.be/~pbusscha/rt3/

Also, H&P has some good information....http://www.exdx.net/RT3/index.html

But basically, its a case of figuring it out.

But what Kevin was asking was what does the different settings for the economy level do.

That doesn't have anything to do with the locos. 

I'm afraid my esteemed colleague has engine skinning on his mind. ;D

Or he doesn't want you at my site.  :D  ::)

Edit 1: I just had a look at the H&P site (that you linked to) and it doesn't even go into that aspect of the game.

Edit 2: Kevin-I believe the zips at the link in my other post that will get you some of the info you're looking for would be the "Map Making zip" and the "General Discussion zip".  ;)

Actually, I interpreted the question to involve all variables pertaining to map making, and while it doesn't address the economy variables, by understanding the other variables for stuff like the economy.

No, H&P doesn't get into that aspect of the game, but it does provide a lot of information that is useful for map editing.

Oh, and I do have skinning on my my, I just reskinned the 2D2 electric loco to look like it is made from some futuristic allow, with bar code numbering and greek letters, but I still can't get the skinning utility to work.

If anyone wants to help, I would much appreciate it. I can make tga files, but I can't get them to turn into skins. Seems to be a problem with my computer, not the tga files.

Kevin, when writing events I have found that they are much the same as with RRT2.  It is easier to build events is RRT3 since more is done for you.  I rather like doing the math in RRT2.

I've forgotten the differance between 1 & 2 for changes in the economy, but I would assume it refers to a level.  I think the higher the number the better the  economy.  I seldom see economic events used and I seldom use them.

Economic levels can be used when setting up a game, or they can be evented to change during the game. I have found that economics changes are hard to see during a game unless you are keeping a close watch on your books.

I'm not sure I told you much. Anyway I hope I was helpful. 

Cool file JayEff....looks like it came over from RRT2 because I saw some things like Customs House.

Another thing I found when unpacking RRT3 files were some files for a tiger tank. Somehwhere in this game there is a tiger tank. Anybody ever see it?

PS...I re-read my earlier post and noticed that it is riddled with typos, I apologise, but hey, I'm half blind so expect it to happen when I am having a bad day with my eyes. :)

Another thing I found when unpacking RRT3 files were some files for a tiger tank. Somehwhere in this game there is a tiger tank. Anybody ever see it?

I've seen it  ;D  I remember asking dev_dan or phil_stein about it when we were in Coast-to-coast beta-testing, but I didn't get a straight answer from them. Probably a leftover from an internal test to see if they could use the RT3 engine for a wargame (Shattered Union).

I wonder if that tank could be put on a flat car in place of goods for a war map?

Since my name is now spelled right. I was wondering if I could move maps to the map page and do some tidying up.  Gwizzzzzzzz, my memory bank is still malfunctioning.  I might have to call on Jesse for more help. 

PS:  myself, Ben Lauden, (sp) and an engineer discovered a bottle and opened it.  a genie came out with 3 wishes.  He offered each of us one of the wishes.

I wished that I would get my name (Gwizz) spelled correctly on this fourm.  Ben Lauden wished for a mile high wall around his country.  The engineer wished that the wall hold back a mile high lake.  The first one was granted.  I'm not sure about the other two.  The genie was wearing a turban.