chaos of Ix

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

Try this. I have already written 5 pretty succesful mails.

project ENEMY units instead of friendly. then send them agains the enemy. he will not fire on them unless they attack. Well if it is a human player. once he selects them and orders commands, he'll catch on.

If you're someone who is very good at detecting "spy-type" units (like me) from games like RA2, this would be too easy to counter. Plus it's easy to tell the difference between a projection and a real unit. If your enemy is allied w/ the Ix and you aren't, countering a projection attack like that would be even easier. A single fedaykin, freman, or even a scout could quickly "revial" a of the projections, thus destroying a projector rush quickly and easily That stratagy is still very useful for defense, though. Unless you're playing a newbie or AI player, only use projections for defense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Missile tanks are the best for projecting. The damage they inflict is huge, and the decrease in armour is not significant, as they're weak anyway. Devestators are not good for projecting, as it takes so long for them to clear out of the way of your projectors.

Missile tanks are great for projections and I have never had any desire to project a devestator for the same reason you (Nema) just said in your post. Devesatators are slow to begin with and having them projected won't delete that fact. And like someone who posted before projections should be used for defence cause after a while experienced players will be able to know the difference.

Unless the enemy uses a strike team of bikes or whatever, or has scouts hanging around, or harasses you on the way? But I agree, it's free fun in case (s)he messes up. You can't really lose, given tha it costs nothing. Just use good tactis for low armour units, and you'll have a good shot to nothing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An evil tip that showed up elsewhere: project Leeches.  Bring these projections to bear on the flanks/rear of that force knocking at your defense line and you'll have some real Leeches at your call in reasonable order...