Argentina

• 1 month later...

See Pennsylvania topic for why I've giot the following but I hope it answers your query!

Campaign Eleven:  Argentina 

Haul 350 loads meat, 200 wool, 100 grain and have Industry Profits of $25m in 30 years

What a relief to find another easy campaign. I found little difference between Easy & Hard

• 2 months later...

This one is difficult to start.

I started in Santa Fe to Rosario.  This is difficult because you will need two bridges to start with.  I used wooden and upgraded later (don't make mistake I did and build your station too close to the bridge... I had to demolish station too!).  Some of the benefits include access to rivers which will bring in some of the commodities you need, close-by cities which enable you to grow a profitable RR, and a density (relatively) of industries that will generate cargos  (although, not the ones you need most.)

I expanded south toward Buenos Aires and had a very profitable line running before long.  The next major jump I made was to link up the port city of Bahia Blanca.  This turned into a gold mine on several levels.  Lots of wool for which I dedicated several trains to haul back up to my main line.  I made a very profitable branch line based on some of the cities to the north-west of Bahia Blanca that had barracks (General Pico and Colonel Something, etc. -- about 4 towns in all).

Everything was going great until I crashed near the end.  I can't even load the auto-save without and immediate crash.  So, I will eventually have to start this one all over.

This one starts slow.  Be carefull about over expansion early on.  I usually wait until I have an "A" rating before I do bonds.  Otherwise the interest will kill a struggling RR.  Be patient... the cash will roll in later.

Good luck,

Bannon