New Map Tycooning Africa 1.0

Gwizz

Another thing I just noticed is that the download count increases with every download try. (But is actually not downloaded)

Other things I noticed is that the downloads that do not work try to enter my system using  the TCP protocol and try to use ports in the 1800 range whereas the downloads that do work do not request any additional ports but just .....work.

JSS, seems to relate back to Maddog's suggestion that its your firewall installation that somehow got messed up....

.....by a virus???????  ;D

---------------------------------------

Gwizz, I guess I'll do some more thinking about how to win the scenario on expert and no internal help, using only steel and aluminum for track and without delivery to originating site. Seems impossible but maybe knowing exactly which trains survive and exactly how much track AI's get will help.

I often reconstitute unful trains in station. It'll be hard to completely avoid that.

loco_motive, if it is a virus then it is an undedectable one. Last scan (with latest AV update) was last night and all is fine. Have not had an infection since I installed XP nearly a year ago when I  ended up unprotected on the net because of my oversight and got hit with several of those buggers. Since then there were several upgrades to the firewall and they would have dedected/corrected anything strange.

I suspect it is some obscure setting in the firewall or some other "protection" type software given the facts that I can download from this site and that I can download the same file but with a modified filename.

The saga continues.

Gwizz, usually I accumulate those dolls and hand them out again as special presents at Halloween.  ;D

My computer and I actually have a pretty good understanding. It knows that I am just waiting for a reason to get in there and rip its guts out. The resulting identity crisis would be too much for it to handle. So we have had peace for a long time.

maddog, firstly thanks for your input in trying to resolve this.

Since I was due for my weekly spyware checks I performed my usual three to four different program checks this morning again. (after the latest updates) Needless to say all of them indicated that it is a clean system. BTW I have never seen that fellow shown in the link you pointed me to.

Since we know that any security checks usually works with iformation in response to a virus/spyware one is never 100% sure that at a particular time one is not infected with something. However, given that I am also usually one of the first ones in line for the latest MS updates I am reasonably certain that I have done most that can be done to prevent a possible infection.

Last night when I checked what traffic the map download generates I noticed that the traffic was in the port 1800 area. I do not recall all of the ports put the two numbers I did write down were 1857 and 1861.

This mornig I tested a few more and the ports used were 2247 to 2255, that is it incremented by one for each download try.

Just one more thing. One of the tests I did a few months agao indicated that my system was invisible to the net when using the ShieldsUp test.

BTW you folks down south of the border. Thanks for the great show last night. Looked through the window and saw your fireworks. Like every one was celebrating. Very nice and a belated Happy Fourth of July.

I've been play testing version 2.0.

I still can't find the ID for a steel car.

I think I can try a number of triggers until I find the correct one.

What i will try first:  Test against territory 13    trigger:    Companytypeloadshauledthisyear(steel ID) 

Anyone remember if this trigger is correct?  And the ID of a steel car?

Thanks JSS

Lama reminded me of the text file in the game.

This is all I needed.  I told the Doctor it would do him no good xraying my head he would find nothing there.

Steel has ID #6

I re-printed the whole file.  Now I will be able to find my old paperwork.  ::)

Well, just as I thought. Soon or later I will be able to solve my download issue.

This is a bit of a long story but perhaps since we are talking about someone else

Seems like computer fun is your middle name.  XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As I find time I'm still testing the next version of Tycooning Africa.

I have won gold but can't seem to win Grand Gold. This try seems to be going well.  Maybe this will be the time.

Each time I play the map I think of something new to add.  This testing could go on forever.