Guild Startegy

jasraj_s

Ever since I heard about the Naib tank, I've been itching to give those critters a try. And it was worth it. The Naib tank in groups of five and more can seriously wreck havoc on an undefended base or small issolated groups. If faced with much stronger oppossion, just couple the Naib tanks with other units like Atreides Mongoose or any other units of your liking. These tank may cost a bundle but the sure pack a punch.

Guest Albatross

LOL Gob!! Is that actually where they got the word NIAB from?  Hillarious!

Yeah, I like the NIABs.  Teleportation is cool.  Too bad they can't auto-heal, but they go great with the Atreides! ;D

I like dropping the bad boys down in Harvester fields.  Generally you can splatch a Harvester or two before the other guy catches on, then just teleport to safety.  Fun!

Guest Albatross

I think that's one of the goofy things that are in the manual simply because THAT'S HOW IT WAS in the time they printed the manual. Like the statement about Ordos Pop-Up turrets having longer range than the Gas Turrets (quite frankly, pop-ups blow... heh... they need to fix that).

I assure you, the NIAB fires straight forward. Big, chunky bolt of lightning that zaps an impressive path. If you attack something to the side, the whole thing turns and faces it. After testing, I've found the Niab DOES auto-heal, even without any rank chevrons. This is good, especially considering it's high price.

Damn those Makers, though. Those things suck. At 1,000 a pop, no auto-heal, no teleport, only a wide infantry-kililng bug-zapper, they really need some tweaking. Is Auto-Heal all that much to ask on those guys?

Fox Fives. Ordos invest in the auto heal tech, the Harks I can't explain auto heal, and the Atreides are loyal until the end and can train units to the first veterancy level after returning to barracks. I'll give you a tip for facing the Ordos considering I'm on the Atreides campaign. Capture the Ordos construction yard and hold it until you build one of their factories (all their tanks) and a barracks (Ordos infantry units) Thus you now have auto heal units.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Atwight014

Ordos, Harks don't autoheal. They do after I think two stripes, and that's only a few of them. The only important auto-heal is those devastators for base defense :P And their real special is they go 100% till boom, not that autoheal.

I think the only good thing about Atreides Repair Vehicles is that they can remove leeches without having an engineer :)

this is very useful in the single player campaign.. but in a Mino v mino battle those repair vehicles are destroyed too easily by the area-effect of those shells

------------------

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

------------------

Ya know, the Guild my be my favorite subhouse. Often, I'll be able to whipe out most of the enemy base with 4 NAIB tanks. It awsome if you can find a spot in the base that's a small secluded corner, and teleport the 4 in there, and hope they are not seen (which they usually aren't). Then you can asses it from there. If the defenses towards the closet building are not too great, then atttack! If there are a few vehicles, still attack, but if there are a ton of infantry, do not. The Guild tanks bite against all infantry. The Ultimate Battle Plan (Yes, it is capitalized!) is to hide 10 or more Guild Tanks within the enem base, but do not attack. Build up a medium sized assault force (Maybe 8 Minitauri, 5 Mongooses, 3 sandbikes, 20 Feydakin, and 15 infantry) and attack the enemy Head on. Most people will rush forward to defend that entrance, but then, you can comepletely destroy there base EASILY with the 10 tanks planted inside. I hope people don't go off using my award winning strategy TOO much. But don't forget, there's always a counter to everything, so don't use dis against me, cuz I know it! :P Well, this is Zorn7 Signing out.

----------------

END TRANSMISSION

----------------