New Map Coal Miner's Daughter

Gwizz

Coal Miner's Daughter Map

Bronze and Silver should be fairly easy to reach on this map.

The two Gold wins are hard and very hard at least for me.

The Gold Wins will take some micro management.

You will deliver the equipment/goods to open the mines, the supplies to keep the mines runnings and then you will have to deal with your mother-in-law to keep her happy and be part of a funeral.  The goals of the funeral will be tough but may be needed for Gold if you don't fulfill all of the other Goals and requests .

Let me know if you find any bugs.  After 100+ test runs I think it is clean.  But another style of play could cause changes that I did not catch.  [attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I forgot to type the extension when I changed the map name before zipping.

Note:  I placed a seasonal storm that triggers with a random generator.

I tried to set it to average one storm each year.

But, Sometimes the storm won't come for 3 or 4 years. Then it will hit 3 or 4 times in a year.

I ran out of variables when I was working on the event and used this simple method to trigger the event.  I hope it is not too much of a bother if it pops up too often.  If it is, just delete the storm.  I think it is the 3rd or 4th storm in the editor near the bottom of the list. 

On my last test I got tired of testing and I removed a number of events so you may find a few variables that now are not used for anything.  TV4, etc.  I tried to group and label the remaining events so they were more understandable for those that want to program a different play style.

Casey alerted me to a minor problem.  I made some last minute changes to make Gold a bit easier before posting the map. 

The problem shows up under validations.

In the editor under the event - Goods at Iron Mount. -  (all Goods events are listed together near the bottom of the list)

One of the effects for this event reads - company Variable 1+1        It should read Gamevariable1+1   

Just highlight the effect and check revise effects and on the list of effects move up 4 spaces to the Gamevariable1 and check OK.

Game variable #1 is used as a counter to add earned points for a Gold Win.  Gold can be won without this fix. It is only a bit harder.

Thanks Casey for the heads up on this oversight. 

I made an Excel Haul Tally Sheet for the Coal Miner's Daughter Map.

This information is in the status reports; but a check off sheet is easier to use.

It is small but I had to zip it to attach.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

• 3 months later...