New Map: Great Lakes

DarthVeda

This is my first released RRT3 map, but I've been working on it intermittently since about January.  I did a lot of research for city placement, industry, maps, etc.  Aside from the lakes, the map is entirely hand drawn, elevation and all.  It's fairly large at 896 x 640, so don't say I didn't warn you.  I hope you enjoy it.

Much thanks goes to www.allrefer.com that was a REAL help in researching the cities.  Also to "Bryan" at http://www.strategygames.net/games/RailroadTycoon2/RT2Maps.html whose RRT2 map I really enjoyed and enspired me to do this map.

-=-=-=-

Description:

You have been given the opportunity of a lifetime: develop the industrially and agriculturally rich Great Lakes region.  Your task is to build a great railroad.

Singleplayer Objective:

BRONZE - Connect Chicago to Philadelphia within 25 years.

SILVER - Same as Bronze, except you must also have a book value exceeding $75,000,000

GOLD - Same as both of the above, except you must also have a personal net worth over $35,000,000 AND you have to do it all within 15 years.

Multiplayer Objective:

Have the highest company book value at the end of 50 years.

Timeframe Available:

1840 to 2000[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I just accepted the full $2m x 2 cash offered and bought shares in any successful railroads and (later) in bad ones - only snag was someone owned all shares in a bankrupt company worth $1 per share and he wouldn't go bust or let me take him over at double its negligible worth so I had to build a separate line to his towns and ruin him still more and then he caved in - on Normal I won before I had to repay the $4m x 2 (ie $8m) so I was well rich!  On Expert it would have been the same but for the aforementioned AI but I was doing so well I made the $8m back in about a year.  Oil wells and a refinery around Oil City were the big earner if I remember correctly.

DV - yes as loans but nothing repayable for 10 years when all taken off me with 100% interest (ie 10% p a).

JE - on Normal I Finished in 54 with PNW $49m CBV $33m - opposite way round! Must have been swindling my Company (yes I'm an Enron director) - didn't keep a record of what I had left on Expert. Presumably you also got this $4m offer - did you take it?

Yes - sorry - it's me I'm stupid.  I download so many maps that I can never remember from where. I should have realised from objectives in your 1st post that it was a different one  :( :( :( Anyway I've downloaded yours now (40 mins :'() so will report progress (probably in the wrong place!) but may take some time as I'm off on holiday.

Well I've managed to give this two gos. Started on Expert and got nowhere - after 25 years only had CBV 0f $40m ans PNW of $16m - not helped by a recession for the last 3 years.

I then decided not to be so big-headed and went to Normal and reached all the targets after 21 years - how the heck you can get PNW of $35m in 15 years beats me - after 15 years I had $27m but CBV of only $34m (I got my PNW by taking over the only competitor for an outrageous price which reduced the CBV). In both cases I started at the date given - 1870 - maybe a later start would make it a little easier although I've just read your Gathering post and see you've done it from 1870.

Incidentally the map is so huge that for the last 3 years it was taking forever to buy/alter anything - but my computer is pretty full.

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Darth Veda,

Seeing that there are so many viewers of this scenario with remarks, I must be missing the location for the download of your scenario.  Although I may have it from another site.  However, I was raised in the Upper Midwest around Lake Superior, and i enjoy playing scenarios in that area. Any direction would be appreciated.

Ray of Sunshine ;)