Map -- Money, Money, Money -- The Depression

Bannon

Hi all --

Recently played this map and was having a good time until the depression sequence hit.

Can someone explain what happens?  The economy crashes of course and all companies lose all cash and have a 100,000 K deficit.  OK... that is a good challenge. 

But things did not work normally beyond that.  My revenue seemed to be DEDUCTING from my cash instead of adding to it.  Needless to say, my very strong company soon went bankrupt... as did all the others.  AI companies with F rating where borrowing money like crazy as well.

Is this a fatal flaw to this map or is their someway to beat this situation?

Good map of the USA otherwise. 

Oh... BTW... I don't understand Dutch, so if someone can give me an overview of the map victory conditions, that might help as well!  Hang Em High  (ahahah... that was the only English in the Depression dialogue... funny).

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

This map came up in recent discussion.  I did a crude translation of the GERMAN using an online language translator and tried to clean it up as best as I could.  Please do not let the poor translation reflect on the scenario author.  Original German text is below.  I admit, this is not much better, but I think you can figure out the victory conditions, except Gold I don't understand.  ;D  Well, I tried.  ;)

Here is a link to the map:

http://theterminal.dune2k.com/?p=rrt3-files-maps&id=463

Fred Flodder was elected as the new president of the United States.

As the first official act he assigns you to open the country by your railway company. No need to worry about access right as you have been granted full freedom of action from the president.