Sarduakar strategy

sarduakar_187

Yes... But I am merely pointing out that creating massive armies of similar units is not an effective strategy, as the opposition has time and money to do the same - except intelligently. I know everything has a weakness, and with massive armies, it is usually easier to exploit this weakness.

Yes, but that only happens to such a great extreme as required by the context if your opponent is a brilliant mastermind, and/or you are terminally stupid. Either way, you deserve to lose anyway. This does actually make sense, although it may not appear that way.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sardaukar Burseg

I think it all boils down to this: while the Sardaukar terror troopers are very good fighters...the best that can be found (with the possible exception of the Fremen death commandos), they are not miracle workers. If you deploy Sardaukar WITH support (such as mongooses) there is almost no limit to what they can accomplish.

Also, it's important to deploy both KINDS of Sardaukar...the normal Imperial troops are good at mowing down infantry. The Elites provide anti-tank support and anti-aircraft fire. There should typically be more normals than elites in any force you deploy.

• 3 weeks later...

Deploying as in you tell them where to go, providing that he was using military terminology.  

Also, here is my strategy for sardaukar.  U know those pesky long range infantry killers?  Send in a small force of some semi-slow veichle and draw out the enemy infantry killers then when the infantry killers are in the middle of the trap you have laid bringt he sardaukar into view (after having just kept them right outside it) and have them destroy the anti-infantry stuff that would usually get them first.

A classic hammer strategy that works all the time on newbies.

And sense most people are the atreides, those mino's have slow reload rate you can take 2-5 down before they fire on you agian( thats why you need to kill all the infintry killers or you will lose guys.)

• 4 weeks later...

Good thought there... (Yuri) But there is one small eetsie peetsie problem... The holograms can be removed when you get in their range.  :-/ Second if you hit them they disappear. And even if the enemy have snipers saurdaukers loses half their health  :'( .  If you rush to them with the Normal Sardines they will use the spreadfire to take out numbers of snipers. Unless if they have 2^ :P  Anyways, I only use the Sardauker for defensive (camping on rock) and offensive backup for my verhicles. And another thing for the catapult and non instant weapons lovers. Sardauker are fast and they can easily out manuever the Projectiles. Second tip. Split your Sardauker in groups    ( ctrl 1 group1 2 group2 etc ) <--- Group bind Its more easier to move them in groups :D