Interface

Do you think the new interface was hard to use at first?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the new interface was hard to use at first?

• Hell ya
    • I got used to it
    • kinda
    • NO!

Well I played the demo, which was before I played RRT2, and I learned most of the basics by the end of it. The only thing I dislike now that i have played RRT2 is the whole building the sand and water and roundhouses outside of a station, I sometimes lost track when I was expanding which routes did and didn't have those essential buildings between them in RRT3.

Its just too darn to hot for me to play RT3 for any length of time atm...I got right into it before Christmas...but when the stinking hot, humid Australian summer arrives up here in Queensland...well...its just unbearable in my computer room.

I'll tell you about its longevity and difficulty next winter..when I am sure it will get a lot of use.

• 1 month later...

i think there's no comparison - I went back to RT2 and looked at it for about 3 seconds, then uninstalled it for good. Apart from the graphics, the more flexible tracklaying and loading make it much more enjoyable. I like being able to keep track of whichever data screen I like without losing the map view, and the better features in eg loco replacement are great. Not to mention the editor ... no comparison, in my view.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gang,

Anyone else have an issue with starting up the game? When I try to start the game it goes to the window error reporting screen to send a report to MS. Says "RT3 has experienced a problem and must shut down" This happens no what which way I start it, I have the latest updates on everything. I even tried downloading the demo and got the same error message. I have an HP Pavilion 754n with 2.53gig, 512 ram, FX5600 128 video card running XP Home. Any Ideas folks?

Ding  ???

Hi Andrew, Yes, yes and yes. I have an 80meg drive with about 30 on it, defragged 3/7/04, 9.0b on the directx. I have reloaded the game 4 or 5 times from two different sets of discs, i took the first set back and exchanged at best buy. I just can't figure this one out. Even the guys in the UK haven't been able to come up with anything.

Maybe a thread at The Gathering website may help in the tech support forum.

http://www.gathering.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=65&sid=5034b3ef38c9f445103e729ecdd44c61

or this thread sounds close to yours:

http://www.gathering.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18915

OR

http://www.gathering.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19878

did you patch the game before trying to run it?

Hi, my first post here, but I have long admired the Terminal for map downloads.

As to the question, I think the interface was harder for me because of having to un-learn RT2. If I had started fresh with RT3, I think it would have been pretty easy to pick up.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing RRT3 was a big disappointment.

Last week I finally uninstalled RRT3, to go back to RRT2.

If I want to see trains in real 3D I use MSTS (or walk to the RR-station).

Having a nice time playing a simulationgame will be RRT2 again.

No more frustrated evenings ! No more RRT3  >:(

Ren