Hawaiian Map

Semmy

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the map and was impressed with the detail. I loaded the scenario and when I unpaused it and started to lay tracks, the map started to shake and move. Is an earthquake part of the map? I tried deleteing the map, re-downloading it again but found the same results. Any idea what could be happening? ???

• 4 weeks later...

I've downloaded and played the map right now - and I've got the same "problems". First of all - I really like the map, it's surley one of the most inventive places to build railroads  - but these neverending earthquakes (if they are meant to be) are really, really ... soul-destroying ...

because you can't do absolutly nothing during the quakes, not even scroll over the screen ! maybe some quakes now and then would do it ....?

anyway, thanx for the map ! guess I'll try to re-edit it for myself to stop that shaking a little bit ...

greetings from salzburg, austria

beeblebrox

Well - I'm not the author of the Hawaiian map and I'm sure that Sammy won't like any "fixes" on his map ... He's the only one to patch his maps, I think.

Anyway - you can "fix" the map easily yourself using the editor: Start RT3, go to "Extras" and "Editor" (I'm running the german version, so the menu names might be different...). Click "load map" and load the "Hawaii"-map. Click the lowest button on the left side, here you can remove the events "eathquakes" if you like ! Just save the map (maybe with a different name, e.g. "Hawaii 2") and play it !

But I figured out another "bug" (in the original Hawaii map): I achieved Silver after about 17 years and had no more chance for gold (20 years): the game was over exactly when I connected the 8th Island, and I had no more time to improve the company value ...

greetings

beeblebrox

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Semmy its a nice map and a great idea (if I can cure the earthquakes) but there's one little problem. To make the game as hard as possible I always use the earliest possible start date and this is well before suspension bridges so its unwinabble. You need to disallow any earlier start date than the norm.

• 2 weeks later...

Having now got a bit of skill in programming I thought your map was so nice that it was worth editing to remove the bugs I found.

I've stopped the continual earthquakes. Made the game start 1895 only and only allowed the right trains for the era. I also restricted the players to 3 and reduced the bronze years to 40 and silver 30.

You still have to connect to the last island after you've achieved the required Co Value or you'll get a bronze medal as beeblebrox found - I'm not skilled enough to know how to fix that yet!

Anyway it's a great map and I've tried to attach the zipped Hawaii2 and hope you approve.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]