BEST SUBHOUSES

Guest Destroy38

Gunner is displaying an excellent knowledge of Tleilaxu Strategy. Leeches can't win a war (directly). But they can annoy humans so much that they just give up, especially when they can't get anymore money because all their harvesters are being Leeched and destroyed faster than they can be remedied.

Remember, you don't need to tell a Leech to go stick a Larvae on a Harvester brought to it on a spice field. You do need to pay attention to remove a Larvae by finding an Engineer (training one if you were ill-prepared) and specifically telling it to help the leeched Harvester. When the Engineer is far away, this can be most annoying, especially as you may forget  ??? if you don't act when you are warned. Thus Leeches can win a war insidiously ( ;) 'We are Ordos, we are insidious'  ;)) - people don't really keep count of how many harvesters they've lost, especially when they are leeched or Deviated. If they do, they'll have to take valuable money out of war production to keep their money flowing. Victory through blockade ;D!

As for sending infantry against Leeches, a wise and alert player will have scouted the map and have an Outpost, see such a rush coming and retreat his Leeches and send Anti-Infantry against them (e.g. retreat to deployed Kobras). No infantry (or Buzzsaw) can run faster than a Leech 8). If you need to take your attention away from Leeches, keep them guarded against infantry. Same with Laser tanks, keep them guarded whilst you take your attention away from them. Mortar and Kobras make excellent rallying points to send your fast, vulnerable units to whilst you deal with other matters for some time. :)

Leeches become expendable if you have lots of them and you have Laser tanks ready to quicken the deaths of leeched enemy vehicles (this still produces a Leech). Same with Contaminators except they almost never get a chance to contaminate infantry before they die :'(.

Yeah i see everyone likes the Fremen(the fedaykin are really cool) but Fremen warriors take to long to load guns. so best sub-house combo....................Sardaukar and Ix.  Sardaukar elite have a major advantage over las tanks, you can take out a couple tanks just with 1 Sard becaus eof the whole shield laser issue.  Plus with IX using the projection tank on Minotaurus you can't go wrong!

fremen warriors take too long too load...? man they fire 3 times faster than a atreides sniper! i always have lots of them near some scouts, and when the enemy tries to sneak past my defences they usually get executed instantly. This works too as a defence of the spicefields, since many players like to send in groups of fedaykin to kill some harvesters. Up against players with cloaked shit? Use fedaykin, snipers and more units nearby to fire at it. But always use scouts, they r one of the key units in the game, and the cheapest to produce.

And that thing with sard elite killing several lastanks, well if he fires at a lastank, he dies too due to the fact that the laser beams back at him because he fires at a shielded unit. I rather use projections of the elite, since they kill real lastanks and cost nothing. This is advise from tha master...

Don't forget projections do not have shields. So sard elites firing at laser tank projections is completely safe.

And to get rid of laser tank rushes:

Atreides: Kindjal, what else? (Sard elites)

Harkonnen: Harks have to rely on subhouses to do this. Units like Sard elites are a good choice. Ixian projectors copy the lastanks and then fire at the tanks...

But one thing is for sure, Leeches! When a unit gets leeched, it cannot regenerate. So laser tanks cant retreat and run for cover. Well placed infiltrators or Fremen Warriors and take care of Engineers approaching.

Ordos: This one is easy. Counter with AA troopers or (guess what), chemical troopers. Fedaykins will help a lot, and sard elites too. But an army of chemical troopers and AA troopers running after your "Terror" units (NIAB tanks, Laser Tanks, Devastators) will give your opponent stress.  At times when you're going renegade and running to an ally for cover, it is good to have legions of infantry. Chemical Troopers kill the infantry and AA Troopers take out enemy ADPs and vehicles. But there will be a serious problem if Sards attack your legion, so back up with mortar infantry.

Do You Know: Chemical Troopers do not do a lot of damage against Sardaukars but Fire kills them almost instantly?

Do You Know: That Gas Turrets and Flame Turrets are better against sardaukars and sardaukar elites than Gun Turrets and (oh brother...) pop-up turrets?

wrong but chem are good for base de not attacking unless all it is is infantry motors wast of money even upgrading barr is a waste motor are stupid they attack ur own people like if u got in fantry in ur intrance if sar charge u ur motors will shoot at them hilling  ur guys its a waste of money i would say ;D but they are good for infantry to kill but not if u got infantry guarding ur base also about the aa they are good basically for guarding ur spice and ur base for hidden attacks so not good for attacking they will get mowed down bye harkonen troops and atredies minos and even ord chem and kob but elits are good it ttakes a whole shoot to kill a sar but elite sar it take 1 and about 2 others so they are good for rushes wth a few tanks or whatever

"And to get rid of laser tank rushes:

Atreides: Kindjal, what else?" Answer:

LIGHT INFANTRY!!! Laser tanks hover so can't overrun. Light infantry mobs will take care of Laser tanks (especially if its Harkonnen light infantry - much better than their Atreides counterpart). Harkonnen troopers may not perform well against hit-and-run Laser tanks as only the front few rockets will have a chance to hit and the damage they cause will be repaired quickly.

As for "mortar are a waste of money" >:(, playerap you do not know how to use mortar. Force fire on the ground if you feel your infantry are being killed by your own mortar, but the defensive line formation should be - Chem troopers DIRECTLY in front of Mortar directly in front of AA troopers. Sardaukar perform excellently if placed where Chem troopers are - RIGHT in front of Mortar. Throw in Kobras into that formation and you have something that no infantry should attempt to attack.

As for enemy vehicles, the Ordos hit-and-run hover units should be more than a match for them, especially if they retreat to regenerate at rally points guarded by Kobras, AA troopers and Mortar. Fremen greatly boost these rally points and defensive lines as they can flank or cut off retreat. Read more about Ordos infantry look for my post in 'Ordos Strategies here' page 3.

• 1 month later...

fun to use yes.... but i NEVER NEVER give tleilaxu to comp.... cuz then i just feel like slamming my keyboard trought my monitor everytime i hear leech larva detected

I actually yell at those fuckin bastards who keep leeching me