Ix Projectors?

SonicXP5

When you deploy your projector. And select it then 'attack' a unit. You make a duplication of that unit. A duplication shoots at full power. But dissappears when:

- It is hit one time(even by a pistol of the Harkonnen Engineer)

- After some time (see the damage circle)

- When the projector that projected the duplication is destroyed.

- When you come to close to an enemy unit

You can select multiple projectors to multiple project...

This is very handy for units with strong firepower. But not so much armour. Like Launchers. Or Fedaykin

Or project an unit with a laser. And use it against shielded units...

Note: The enemy can see if an unit is a real one or a projection

There're a couple other uses that've been mentioned on the boards:

• Instant triple-A: project Ordos APCs or missile tanks to swat those pesky fliers;
  • Free Leeches!: project some leeches, loose them on that enemy column making for your defense line.  Because projections do real damage, you'll soon have some real Leeches.  Now go camp them on someone's spice field.

• 3 weeks later...

The hawk is annoying isn't it? I just try to destroy palace and conyard. That shows 'em.

But back to the Ix. I have mentioned before, and others have before me, the projected Deviators are VERY useful. In theory even more so if you aren't Ordos....but I always am, so that doesn't apply to me.

And Firefly, GREAT idea with the leeches,  :D I can't BELIEVE I never thought of that!

I like projecting the enemy's units as well as my own. It's rather ironic. I just love to think what goes on inside their little head as another Harkonnan missile tank rolls forward and starts shooting at them....hee hee....

But yes, and, why can't projectors project air units? That would be really useful. But, I suppose, a bit impractical....oh well....never  mind then.

Projected guild makers....how useful are they? It's never occured to me.....

• 2 weeks later...

I like projecting fast units

1. They make quicker

2. They can get away without disapearing

I mostly use Buzzsaws and Infiltators as

invisable scouts

Guild makers arn't very good as they take

time to shoot giving time to be revealed

Projecting half a dozen Sonic Tanks and using them to invade the enemy base is kinda fun. You can shoot THROUGH several enemy buildings at once and destroy them in a few shots. ;D

This is may be a quirk but sometimes CPU players on skirm. sell up all their buildings but when they sell their con yard you can project their MCV ;D this is the weird bit though it allowed me to deploy and build all of Ordoses stuff ;D ;D

(I am a Hark player ;D)

You can also steal other units....lets say you are the harkonnen and you are fighting the ordos....if you want a laser tank rush just find an ordos laser tank and click on it with the projector targeting thingy.....you can have ANY unit on the field of battle..bang you have a laser tanks to use against those annoyong spped deamon ordos...they also look like the enemy unit to....probably useful in multiplayer fights against other humans.

warriors are even worse :O

or think about it FEDAYKIN!!!

their shot just rips apart 3 lasertanks at once.

or better an permanate cloaked unit with off guard, if a holo touches it it wil not decloak so he wil never know where his holo's r.