Pain in the ass tacktic

Harkonna

I know a really pain in the but tactick with the IX. i personally hate it. i was playing, and i just builded my factory, when my whole base was overrun by mino's! i thought, these guys are cheating. what appeared, they warn't they had both IX sub-house, and u can guess, they created an REALLY MASSIVE army of mino DUPLICATIONS, they where both the whole time busy only creating Duplication Mino's mark my words, a really MASS-producetion of it, i think about half the map! i think it was a bit cheating anyway, cause duplications can DO damage, and with so much duplicates, don't matter u kill them with 1 shot, they just keep coming, overwhelm the 15 troopers i had for defense, blew up my conyard. after that, even my ally quited, and they blew up my factory, i quited than.....

H A R K O N N A

Just goes to show what happens when you fight the Ix. The way to beat projections is to use long range attackers. Or even bump them with a harvester.

In any case, duplicating Minos is a good tactic, especially when you're fighting AGAINS'T the Atreides.

When u have 3 scouts ready your base = overwhelmed, on something it looks normal the tacktic, but they must have been cheating, i was on my fastest and i really just had my factory down when they had the duplo mino's, they must not have build a factory or so it think, i know the tacktic, but this time it was really way to early for this tacktic....

H A R K O N N A

That scout tactic is an awesome one. THE way to stop projector abuse!

Harkonna...if you cant get 3 scouts before the enemy can get projectors and a minotaur (assuming they didnt get one at the start!) then you either really really really suck, or the enemy has a speedcheat because you can build a barracks and train 3 scouts before a minotaur can walk across the map to your base, or before anyone builds an House of Ix.

Anyway it might seem like they cheated if you built a refinery first and then a factory, while they built a house of ix first (well right after the barracks right?)

• 2 weeks later...

you know what to do?

i told it many times already, place an PERMANENT!!!!! stealth unit off guard, when the holo's touch it it wil NOT decloak.

the only thing to worry about is the lag that the holo's create.

That scout tactic is an awesome one. THE way to stop projector abuse!

Harkonna...if you cant get 3 scouts before the enemy can get projectors and a minotaur (assuming they didnt get one at the start!) then you either really really really suck, or the enemy has a speedcheat because you can build a barracks and train 3 scouts before a minotaur can walk across the map to your base, or before anyone builds an House of Ix.

Anyway it might seem like they cheated if you built a refinery first and then a factory, while they built a house of ix first (well right after the barracks right?)

scouts are NOT permanent stealth units so they wil decloak which is a waste of time wil not hurt ur econemy much though.

U guys don't understand, u should have been in that game or i should have make a screenshot! when the whole map is crawling with mino's, there is NO WAY 3 scouts can elimenate them all, he'll just shoot them and my barracks, i am done.

H A R K O N N A

What about snipers, or fremen warriors, true they don't do crap against normal vehicles, but one hit will kill a projection, and if your snipers are lvl 3 they'll be able to cloak themselves.

its better to use permanent stealth units off guard, they don't uncloak when an projection touches them and you will have little chance of the enemy noticing the unit while if it shot 1 holo he will notice it.

do i have to repeat it again? >:(