MID GAME Tactics- ABDUCTION

Guest TYCO

To stop ur NME.

Take out construction yard (MCV thing)

If u have the palace... use the death hand on the construction yard and then get 2 rocket tanks to race up and fire off 1 load each (ie 2 loads in total!!) usually finishes em off.

OR

Use starport to buy Devastators (about 5 @ approximately $1200) and also buy about 3-4 Advanced carry-alls! The devastators are not extremely effective on their lonesome,but .... if you just systematically take out base defence by dropping the Devastators on the outskirts, u can harass your way to the construction yard.

NB. Your devastator is NOTTT a one unit army, it will be destroyed, so... when you see the damage to your unit is critical ... DETONATE IT (especially next to units or buildings!)

ANNOYING TACTICS (ABDUCTION)

abducting units is my personal favorite, just build a small holding pen made of wall. Then progress with more power and 4 turret guns in the pen!! (pen should be a rectangle not a square -dont ask why but it works better!!). Progress to pick up those dangerous units like minotauruses (catch them from behind if there are many...) they dont shoot whilst being hoisted up!! Whilst this occurs, center your viewing area over the small pen and progress to click in the center of the pen until the movement indicator appears (the red-line).

If you did not click fast enough the unit is dropped almost next to where u picked it up!!(catastrophic!!)

So... be fast catch a whole squad at once (with several carriers) and have fun toying with them, or their mysteriously vanishing spice harvesters !! (Did anyone ever see Jurassic park with the cow being lowered into the raptor pen??? - Inspiration...LOL)

REMEMBER THE ABDUCTION STRATEGY IS ONLY TO BE USED WHEN YOU CAN AFFORD THE PEN AND U HAVE AVAILABLE RESOURCES (duh).

enjoy!

this must have been the stupidestway to deal with mints i have ever heard, why?

A) ur holdin pen is in ur base, probably flyin across AA defenses to get to it, say bye bye to ur carryall. they target the enemy unit they see..

B)even if u do fly the mints into ur "holdin pens" do u realize all ur doin is givin ur enemy a back door to kill u ? walls r flimsy. 8 mints stuck in that little area will get pass any of ur stupid turrets.( humans r not computers..)

probably even destroy ur base b4 u even get a chance to kill more then 2..

if 6 mints can destroy turrets in 1-2 slavos.. imagin how those turrets r gonna last.

Guest TYCO

The tactics are supposed to be played!!! ie you see the enemy. you avoid AA guns. you also have waypoint.... duh but hey ... the idea is drop a unit at a time not 5 units simultaneously!! BTW the units get "shot to pieces" before the carry all lands!!!

NB. Games are fun soo.... try to enjoy them.... winning is great but annoying people is even more fun!! (in the process of winning)

kindjals oh how i love those little buggers..

i load them up into apcs for faster deployment. with 5 snipers..

3 mongose n one mint. there u go. a nice outpost force...

unmm TYCO, my point exactly.. ur turrets see the thinggie in the air, it doesnt matter if its ur carryall, when they shoot the enemy vech in ur carryall, ur carryall dies as well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Ordos_Yogurt

nope...

but the carryall will never set a unit down in an impassable area! that sucks! Westwood should fix that. And neither can it drop the units while flying (ie: make it fall out of the air and crash

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

What I usually do when playing a newbie or computer is I make a huge collection of his units by grabbing them with carryalls. I had a case when the guy just quit the game. At the end I make a big circle of las tanks and set the units down there.