Harkonnen Stratgey No.1

the_baron99

A basic attack, his devastators provide air defense while his sarduakar rip into anything that gets too close. However (not meaning to brag) I was able to destroy a force like that with 8 laser tanks attacking in a circle, since those units mentioned are slow... well needless to say I won but lost 5 tanks in the process.

Guest Apothecary

The problem with having 50 Saduka, 20 cobra tanks, and 10 devastators is they get raped by long ranged catapult tanks supported by fremen snipers and devastators are only good for defending unless you use advanced caryalls to pick them up and put them in the enemy base.

personally i'm a catapult person. 20 of these plus 5 flame tanks and 30 elite fremen (Cha Guys) are my perfect defence and attack against your attack.. i may also need some assault tanks and missile tanks backup of one or two tanks. Those flame tanks would rape your Sadukas.

This is strategy No.2 (Defense/Offense) from the Great Apothecary.

Guest Senkard

Baron, you seriously call that a strategy?

Sif you couldn't rape someones base with those units you mentioned.

By your logic I could say build 50 Minotaurs, 150 Ornithopters, 20 sonic tanks and 50 Saraukar and do you think i could win?

Your logic is flawed. That isn't a strategy.

In essence it would be an assault force Baron.  Not a strategy.  If he doesn't mind let me use Edric's assault force as an example of startegy...at least a basic one since I don't want to type for half the night.  

Okay.  Your force is headed for Edric's base which is on rock.  From the rock his 15mobile Kobras bombard your forces.  As your forces continue suicidally toward his base his dust scouts pop up from under the sand all around you and attack from every side, thus cutting of all hope of retreat.  Next his Las Tanks come out and hit you with their beams.  Now if your force of troops and veichles are not already dead by this time he withdraws his forces to the rocks because the suspensers on the Las Tanks will attract a worm.  If any of your attack group survived until then they would more than likely be consumed by the worm. :)

• 2 weeks later...

actually he wouldnt even have to send out las tanks to atract the worms. the devastators attract the great worm it self.. cosof their noise, phasma power.. bla try it, harko walks a line of devastators arcoss from 1 rock to another, very short distance, but the great worm appears very often.......

i also find that mints vs davastator, devastator die very easily,..or ucould use the cheap tatic, sacrifise carryalls, life 1 devastator, run across opponent base, leave carryall in the air.....the opponent will curse himself for killin off his own forces..

yeah./. the com at any difficulty settin doesnt know how to deal with a big chunk of armour...

thats why i save my hawk strike! oh man, i love it when a enemy tries to advance his huge force like barons one n i use it....( of course i make sure they r tied down in a area n cannot run away.from the effect)

its damn funny to c the enemy runnin away from ur single mongose like they seen a ghost......

Guest Hayt989

Is there really such a thing as a HArkonnen strategy. With Harkonnen your best thing to do is use brute force sinc eth eHarkonnens have mor etanks then any other house. Also every Harkonnen opponet i play just keeps lauching devastators at me which i continually abuse with lastanks and apcs(gotta love the turrets)

send in 8 gunships for air support,20 assault tanks beat the enemys defence down,8 devestatorsair-lifted to your enemys baseand self destruct them near con yard wep. factory and refinery after get past half health, then send in 30 sarduakar and 15 sarduakar elite to for a clean up job

I use the "airlift a Devastator" trick. Just put a few of them in the middle of a base. And those missile launchers are good to. Micromanagement is necassery tough. A missile launcher can kill just about any tank in one shot when he's a little experienced. And if you use two of 'em they get experience fast. Just remember to retreat after the kill...they die quickly. buzzsaws and flamer tanks are great to kill them infantry. And the assault tanks really only serve a punchbag for missile tank haters. But i'd rather lose a assault tank then a miss. tank. It's strange but i actuaaly like infantry more (i'm a atreides fan) , but the combined tank force of the harkonnen is lethal.

So, to sum up. The assault are to receive the hits, missile tanks are for the hardy enemies (mints and so on), flamers and buzzsaws are there for infantry and the devastator is for defense and sometimes get's airlifted in the middle of a assault in the other base. With the atreides i prefer the fremen and sarsaukar. But with the harkonnen i prefer the IX (get those missile launchers copied!!!, u didn't want them to get shot anyway) and something else

lesson to learn.. no advancedcarryall lives past heavy aa defense. if ur attackin an atreides base. expect missile turrets n mongose to take out ur carryalls b4 they land. if any do land. the base defense will blow the devastators b4 they can do shit. with the size of the land u build ur base on.. with 2 forces guardin each entrance..u really cant do much. cos the range of the mints r so damn much longer

devastators vs mints. mints win...

Playing with HK seems to be backwards instead of attack it should be more defense. The HK units are so slow and armour is low it makes it hard sometimes to get anything going against any of the other two Houses. HK really stress combinations of other units in your forces without that you do not stand a chance against another House.

harkonnen is the hardest house to play in my opinion. they suck. if i was playing them, i would rely more on the subhouses, i.e. fremen and sardukar. a lot of harkonnen units are too slow, and maneuver poorly. but if i was playing them, i'd say that a lot of the heavier units (assault tanks, inkvines, missile tanks) have to be accompained with protecting infantry, especially against ordos forces. they should probably be consisted of troopers, some light infantry, and fremen and/or sardukar (obviously fremen shouldnt be fighting alongside the harkonnen ever, thats just blasphemy man!) but yeah, harkonnen tracked units need infantry protection.