Mistake.. but since I'm here..

Guest Kazrael

Guest Kazrael

I've already quit Emperor a few days ago and went back to playing AoK, mostly due to a lack of good opponents as of yet, and the poor multiplayer setup for skirmish games.

(Lack of an ability to set game titles, poor messaging system etc)

Of course.. one other thing... there's a minimum game time required before win/losses are posted... this was a serious crutch for me since I often finish my games in 3~5 minutes unless it's an atreides/atreides. If you execute the strategies I posted well you'd have the same problems I do. I'm sorry, but I haven't found a way around that. Heh. You're going to lose about half your wins this way and there is no way whatsoever around it.

Today while trying to get to another page I clicked this bookmark by mistake, but got interested and started reading. :P

I read Cyclonus's post saying that Harkenons are bad... well, from the short experience I had playing ladder Harkenons are not bad by any stretch of the word.

Most people seem to think Atreides are strong due to minotaurs, but the thing is Harkenon has the best counter to people who like massing minotaurs. (A lot of the upper level ladder players do this... sadly I had to do the same if fighting atreides vs atreides... by the time I quit I hadn't figured out a better strategy then just whacking minos with more minos of my own.)

From the strategy I posted earlier for ladder games, instead of pumping buzzsaws from the moment you get the factory, simply upgrade it immediately and pump 2 inkvines, from then on queque in the order of 1 missile/1 ink/1 buzzsaw and set the waypoint near the other guy's base.

Attack when the first inkvine arrives.

Thing about missile tanks is it can *almost* take out a minotaur in 1 shot. (Drops it to about 20% to 30%) That's the problem. Almost. It'll damage it quite a bit, but it'll die to the next shot the Minotaur fires. Not to mention if there are some deployed kinjal nearby that might whack you too.

Inkvines make up that little difference from its extremely long ranged caterpaults. 2~3 shots from a inkvine preps the minotaur to blow up when you run in your missile tank to finish it off. Not to mention it's perfect for killing deployed kinjal or well.. any other infantry your buzzsaws might have problems with. Micromanaging is key. Watch the minotaur, just as you hear it firing move back the inkvine then target the mino with the missile tank. (which will have been a little behind the inkvine) The inkvine will be about half dead on average. Depending on how much of the salvo you took before you scoot out of the way. it can range from anywhere from undamaged to 60~80%. But you *will* lose it if you sit there so make sure you move it. The missile tank will finish it off before it has time to reload. Your opponent probably just lost his only mino, and the rest of his military will be easy pickings for your masses of troopers with the inkvines to take care of any infantry, and the missiles gunning any mongoose or any other mech you'd see.

When there is 5+ of the minos massed in 1 place just use the inkvines on their own and instead of waiting until they get in range keep moving back little by little as they move towards you, and you can whittle down the hps on the minos until they blow up. It'll take some time, but he'll be losing units while you're losing nothing. (Of course.. if you follow the rush strategies I put down by the time you arrive he'll have 1 mino with the other one just pulling out of the factory... so micromanaging won't be that tough of a task. This was tested against at least ladder 20+ so I don't think my opponent being better would have let him pull it out any quicker.)

Have fun everybody. I'd post the rest of the stuff I learned but frankly that'd take too much time for a game I'm not even playing now. If I'm not playing, then I don't care how good ya'll get anymore. So there.

Kahahaha. ;)

If ya'll feel like playing AoK look me up there. That's where I'll be.. well.. probably until Warcraft III comes out anyway. :P

Have fun ya'll.

The point is- If you can even get That close to me. And if you do, I'll introduce you to a personal friend of mine... Mr. Sonic Tank. Besides my Mino's will kill your missile tanks before they even have a chance. And Inkvines canisters are slow and easy to dodge, and they deal little damage to mechanical units anyways. Go play whatever you like.

Guest Kazrael

*frown*

Please don't taint a perfectly good strategy with your ignorance... Fact of the matter is my strategies work. I went to ladder rank 4 in 3 days playing maybe 2~3 hours a day, took a week off to go to Houston, came back to find myself at 29, brought it back up to 10 in a total of about 3 hours before I quit. One of my last wins was the ladder no 3 guy. Ask him how much trouble I had with him.

I reached this rank losing about 40% of my wins because I killed my opponent too fast... and unlike a lot of ladder players I never quit a game just because I didn't get a race I like. And out of the few games I had since figuring out this thing I can honestly say I've never lost with harkenon. Even before it the only time I lost was once to a mino masser which prompted me to find this strategy in the first place. Thankfully I didn't lose any wins playing against the top players because they were good enough to stand up to the initial rush... but usually anywhere below ladder 30 or so died too fast for me to get the wins. Diss my strategies after you do the same.

Of course... a consumate player like you who can pull out sonic tanks in the first 5 minutes of the game must be able to do it, why not post a strategy showing these people how? I'd love to know how you can finish a factory/hanger/starport with the matching power supplies before your top 10 ladder opponents finish their factory and just do the upgrade. I won't even get into why I wrote in my post to move your inkvine after it gets shot at when you intend to use the missile tanks, but to keep out of range when you are using the inkvines on their own.

Hell if there were more people like you I'd come back to play this game since the opponent problem will more then take care of itself, and more then compensate for anything else I have a problem with.

I really don't see how someone who doesn't even have the ability to grasp even the rough time frame or the underlying ideas behind my strategies has the nerve to speak ill of it.

Go badmouth someone of your own caliber. If you're too ignorant to even attempt my strategies (if you have you surely wouldn't have posted what you did unless your micromanaging skills are utterly hopeless) then at least let others make up their own minds about it after trying it themselves.

There are two types of newbies, one who want to learn, and the other who doesn't. My posts are for the prior. Guess which category you fit into.

Althought Cyclonus is fast on his feet he just can't escape Kazrael's quick combinations and power punches. Cyclonus your messing with a heavyweight. Keep your guard up and your eyes open. hehehehehehehehehehe

• 1 month later...
Guest SPICE4ME
*frown*

Please don't taint a perfectly good strategy with your ignorance... Fact of the matter is my strategies work. I went to ladder rank 4 in 3 days playing maybe 2~3 hours a day, took a week off to go to Houston, came back to find myself at 29, brought it back up to 10 in a total of about 3 hours before I quit. One of my last wins was the ladder no 3 guy. Ask him how much trouble I had with him.

I reached this rank losing about 40% of my wins because I killed my opponent too fast... and unlike a lot of ladder players I never quit a game just because I didn't get a race I like. And out of the few games I had since figuring out this thing I can honestly say I've never lost with harkenon. Even before it the only time I lost was once to a mino masser which prompted me to find this strategy in the first place. Thankfully I didn't lose any wins playing against the top players because they were good enough to stand up to the initial rush... but usually anywhere below ladder 30 or so died too fast for me to get the wins. Diss my strategies after you do the same.

Of course... a consumate player like you who can pull out sonic tanks in the first 5 minutes of the game must be able to do it, why not post a strategy showing these people how? I'd love to know how you can finish a factory/hanger/starport with the matching power supplies before your top 10 ladder opponents finish their factory and just do the upgrade. I won't even get into why I wrote in my post to move your inkvine after it gets shot at when you intend to use the missile tanks, but to keep out of range when you are using the inkvines on their own.

Hell if there were more people like you I'd come back to play this game since the opponent problem will more then take care of itself, and more then compensate for anything else I have a problem with.

I really don't see how someone who doesn't even have the ability to grasp even the rough time frame or the underlying ideas behind my strategies has the nerve to speak ill of it.

Go badmouth someone of your own caliber. If you're too ignorant to even attempt my strategies (if you have you surely wouldn't have posted what you did unless your micromanaging skills are utterly hopeless) then at least let others make up their own minds about it after trying it themselves.

There are two types of newbies, one who want to learn, and the other who doesn't. My posts are for the prior. Guess which category you fit into.

• 3 months later...