Buzz off...

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

Get bout 15 buzz saws and wipe out the other guy's spice fields. He'll go bankrupt!

===========================================

I dun have a quote!

You overlook the fact that while you micro-manage his spice field destruction he could hit your base...also it is not an effective strat because the spice regenerates very fast. Destroying the spice fields is a temporary solution at best.

Guest Gargamel

I still believe this is a good way to start tha game. Buzz can destroy many units at the beginning and if you keep them patrol over your opponents spice fields (using many waypoints), they won't regenerate anymore. Furthermore, you'll see if your opponent plans to attack your base and attack him with your Buzz on his way since your opponent's spice fields are often between the two bases.

Last but not least, if your opponent decides to destroy your group of Buzz with bigger units, just move your Buzz through his units and attack his base. Buzz move faster than many units.

I wouldn't say it works every time, but it can drive your ennemy mad at the beginning of the game.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The mounds regenerate spice yes, but only in a radius - if there is no mounded spice field near the enemy, you will get no regeneration, and so production will be slowed for as long as he takes to get to a regenerating one further from his base and more vulnerable to attack.