THE best hark strategy

thomas

yeah brute force can be countered by chaos lightening,deviators(especially on those devastators when they go boom)or just las tanks that go hit and run....so basically thats how you beat baron 99

i only wish that there were more real harkonnen players on this damn world....ime not saying that ime good but i can beat baron and any one that uses his tactics....

now a real harkonnen should be more intellegent and he should scheme more....

• 4 months later...

I know that I'm a Harkonnen Player. I like the Harkonnen (mostly because of the Music hehe) but i like their units. They're awesome with Sardaukar. With Ordos i sit 2 kobras and 4 leeches on my enemy's spice field and i win.

However with Harks i build 6 Landing Pads and 6 Gunships. My airstrikes are successful and better with a repair vehicle or 2.

The decent Harkonnen player doesnt plan a missile tank rush which is hopeless if the enemy is sitting 4 (just 4) kindjals at their base entrance. always back your missile tanks up with Flame tanks. people say inkvines are junk. i think likewise. they are awesome for hitting the enemy scouts that sit at my entrance, and i did not notice them, the inkvines burn them.

A detailed description and how to use Hark units (except units that all houses have)

Infantry: Good for stopping early game scouts. Otherwise pretty useless when the flamers come in.

Troopers: many tried trooper and bzzsaw rush and were successful. The trooper actually has weak AA (if u didnt notice, they rarely hit and with low damage on enemy aircraft).

Engineer: U know

Flamethrower: Effective Anti-Infantry. Used to stop enemy engineers from sneaking in. good for killing scouts that sit together to watch each other. Flamethrowers must be used carefully. if it dies it explodes, and it's fire affects your own units as well.

Hint: Atreides Players Do not use your mongeese to crush flamethrowers! a flamethrower can inflict heavy damage on mongeese. and if stepped upon, can do massive damage to the mongoose!)

Buzzsaw: Very good against Fremen. used to chop up kindkjals (very important).

Assault Tank: Anti Mongoose unit. This unit  RARELY misses, only thing is it has to aim, which is a problem. they must be backed up with BUZZSAWS otherwise those pesky laser tanks will gobble you up.

FlameTanks: Awesome units which people look down on. when used in pairs, they can stop ANY infantry rush, as all troopers take time to fire. by then they'll be dead. Kindjals need to deploy, and they do lots of damage to ANYTHING! A must in every Harkonnen Army.

Inkvine Catapult: used to kill standstill scouts. Also useful if the Ordos sit their units on their spice field. always be backed up with buzzsaws or missile tanks.

Note: attack the inkvine ground to create fire that deals a good amt of damage to anyone stepping on it.

Missile Tank: Raw power comes to light. Killing almost anything with a single salvo, the missile tank is capable of stopping a mino rush. best used with flame tanks.

Devastator: best used for dropping into enemy base (see Advanced carryall). doesnt do much in defence as it's too slow to hit targets flying over it. good against single entrance bases though.

Advanced Carryall: used to pick up enemy minos your devastators cant reach and to transport devastators.

Flame Turret: No Infantry can get past this except mortarmen. Ignores shields and does damage straight to the shielded unit.

Gun Turret: Excellent AA. Good against Atreides units. avoid getting the Ordos near this one. very good against Ordos air units that slow down when hit.

Gunship: best used in groups of 4, 6, or 8. Capable of hunting isolated units down, this effective unit can decimate the enemy constructed yard, confusing him, and then dropping in the devastators for the final finish.

ADP: good to attack enemy carryalls. these dont seem to live long. excellent against the Atreides with their pathetic AA (only the Mongoose can fight back. the air drones can be dealt with using gunships or missile Tanks, which are able to kill the air drones or ornithopters with one salvo).

This is my detailed strategy for every good Harkonnen Commander.

Advisable Subhouses:

Fremen (to kill feds and enemy minos)

Tleilaxu (excellent to confuse enemy so u can drop in Devastators)

Sardaukar (Sard Elites caan replace the troopers in AA).

Why these subhouses are not used:

Guild: requires micromanagement. if the enemy spots u the tanks will be finished (devastator drop in is better)

House Ix: Requires a lot of micromanagement. You MAY use this against House Ordos to kill their shielded units by duplicating their laser tanks.

Good luck all Harkonnen Commanders out there!