Emperor Worm

Guest KngLamoni

Guest KngLamoni

It seems like all the good people decided that house HK was the worst house from the start (not that I disagree) Actually I think that they might not be the worst house... just the hardest to play... anyway, what I was saying is that I have talked to very few people that have actually played any of the HK single player missions and no one has been able to give me advice on how to beat the emperor worm mission. It has been driving me nuts. I have tried about 4 different 'strategies' and have lost each time.

All the strategies I have read about it deal with how to beat it with Atreides or Ordos. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I have beaten all the missions before this one with little trouble.

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

;DEXCELLENT!!!

first take the mega cannon over with an engeneer

then create 3 advanced carryalls, 3 APCs, and 15 sardukar elite. then just send them in and unload the cargo. the worm will soon be destroyed. aah the smell of victory! 9and the smell of sizzling worm flesh) :)

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

Whoops... forgot do harkonnen even have apcs? whoops... better idea... take over a guild palace and start building Navigators in a Box (NIAB) tanks (lol). Then warp them in to the worm's place. pretty effective. CAUTION: KEEP THE PALACE HEAVILY GUARDED. the guild will get mad and start to attack ya. Also try numing the worm as you attack it

Guest HAL9000

I won the level by simply sending 2 devestators with a carryall! Yes, it was that easy because the worm has no defences at all and the devestators are powerfull enough to kill it in a few minutes.

How about building as many Gunships as you can? What you do is you build as many Gunships as you can until time's about to run out or you're about to be destroyed. Use all of your Gunships to attack the worm. Enough of them may survive on their way to the worm to take it out.

I saw someone finish this mission playing for Atreides by building as many Ornithropters as he could and then attacking. He actually had to do two big Orni attacks to take out the worm, but Gunships are more powerful. Of course, Gunships are also slower than Ornis, but they're stronger.

I don't know if attacking with Gunships will work since I haven't tried it.

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

Neither have I. I didn't get that far with the Hark missions yet. I believe though, that you will have to send LOTS of gunships while ing up severe defenses. (what I mean by lots is around 40)

Guest KngLamoni

I finally beat the mission. Thanks for all your input, but I found a way. All I did was defend my base well. I used a lot of walls all around my base with as many inkvine catapults that I could fit inside. The computer is dumb and they would just run up to the wall, stop, and then be destroyed. Occasionally the inkvine would ignite creating cool walls of flame that would help toast them. While I was doing this I built as many gunships as I could. After I had 26 I went and attacked. I didn't quite kill it, but it was close, the second trip with my gunships took it out easily. I think that I will try beating it again using the tactics you mentioned. I thought this was a very effective strategy for defense against the computer, but against a human opponent, it probably would not work too well. I also set up some base defenses to take out any air attacks or enemy advanced carryalls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest HK BloodBoiler

Hey guys,this might be a late postage but better late than never. I have mastered the Harkonnen power through Gunseng. If your computer lags like f*ck like mine does, I have a simple suggestion.(so simple you may think it's N*sane)

I was so desperate to bet the damn mission i just sent all my units after it that i started out with. My flame tanks were boiling it first then my lone assult tank (to my suprise it wasnted spored) started to pack the big punch. I did win and to prove to you all, the ending consists of assault tanks and devastators reaming the emperor worm and the NIAB tanks.

(I wondered why Westwood didn't show any Tleilaxu units!??!)

:O

I completed the game with the AT, but I assume the mission is virtually the same. Weather the attacks, and airlift in as many devs (I used sonics) as possible, whilst constantly air attacking with a 15+ fleet. Presumably, destructing devs around the worm should cause it to take enormous damage over time due to its size...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...