For all of those who like to rush.

Guest Dreys

Guest Dreys

Well, because of the way WW has so nicely created Dune3 for 2 things; Rushes (Due to the tech tree layout) and Harvester Killing (Due to the players who use that tactic which i personally hate)- anyhow. I knew how to rush in Dune2k, so i will explain a little tactic here on how to rush in Dune3k (since the games end rather quickly compared to dune2k anyways) Well, as house harkonnen your fastest unit is most likely your buzzsaw- It has weaker armors, but do not under estimate its power. In large numbers it can inflict a nice impact. Ok, so at the beginning of the game build the following:

Power

Factory

Refinery

Power

Barracks (build a scout and find there base)

(2 Ramp addons for the Ref' if you have enough money) when you get the Factory instantly start building buzzsaws- you need at least 10 for this rush.

Once your barracks is done, build some troops to help defend your base. Then take those 10 Buzzsaws and go to attack there base, if you see that all they have are troops or some weaker units (in small numbers) attack. If they have a lot more heavy armored units and less troops, don't attack, instead to micro management and cut up there spice. In the mean time go and build another ref, another factory, and see about starting to make some Assault tanks and continue with the troops. Then what you do from there is up to you.

Anyhow, hoped this help a bit.

LaterZ,

-Dreys

"Your worst enemy is your greatest teacher."

Guest Dreys

A guy tried to take them out with the Kinj troops- if you do enough micro management, and play them smart- then you can cut them down. But if you noticed in the other part of the strategy, how if your adversary had more of the heavy weaponry (Armored or many stronger units eventhough there troops) to NOT attack, instead, to cut up your adversaries spice fields and hit his harvesters, forcing your enemy to come to you with something, by then, you have what you need to hit him and win- or to at least give him an even greater setback.

-Dreys

"Your worst enemy is your greatest teacher."

True, they should make Buzzsaws faster, and perhaps make em' able to cut through walls, or somekinda special ability. Speakking of which, I saw a Harkonnen player yesterday slice up his own spice fields when he was trying to kill my kindjals... :) Will they ever learn?

• 7 months later...

In some cases, i guess it would be a little stupid to cut up your own spice fields on accident, but all you really need is about 5 buzzsaws to wipe out ememy fields and leave about a fraction behind, then send a group of troopers to wait for the harvester to come get the remaining spice

relax they just need to get settled, and it's not like duke_alex_atreides is spamming anymore. He joined and answered alot of threads he obviusly found interresting, I think I've done the same thing sometimes  when I joined.

You need to get of his back, he's not the only one spamming.

Bringing old threads above is the same as starting a new one with (almost) the same subject, not a disaster...

But for rushes, I don't prefer them and think people who use them (the mino-rush) a little non-intelligent, but it is stupid not to defend yourself against a rush...