The best strategy for the Harkonnen

cyclonus

It seems that the home planet mission is more difficult for the Harks than for the Atreides (according to me) or the Ordos (according to someone I know).

I don't think it's because the Harks are bad (even though I don't like 'em), WW just made that Hark mission too difficult (for reasons of which I know nothing).

that mission was quite easy.. i used 6 Gunships to remove his incoming tanks ;D

anyway while i do realise that wouldn't work on humans... if you find anything that is not guarded by AA units properly, you could take it down fast!

and since these guys can take quite a beating you can usually take out 4 or 5 Minotaurus before your guys are taken down! it would infuriate the Atreides as they do not have a decent AA unit :)

well if he flies in an Air Dron fly in an ADP :) if he pulls his Air Drone away (which i think loses) then its a free hit at his units... if anything send 6 gunships for that one Air drone :)

given you can take out an Air Drone and 2 Minos by the time he gets a replacement... i would say 6 Gunships could remove 6 Air Drones (higher HP and RoF?)

dont be stupid, atreides dont win just cos they mass mints.

they need other stuff, eg mongose( meelee and aa defenses)

repair tanks, sniper infantry, at least

a balanced potent artreides force will be something like this

2 scout bikes

6 mongose

4mints

5 snipers

1 apc

2 repair tanks

support

2 sonic tanks,

6 orins

this si around it. for maximum sustainable long term deloyment far out from your base. ( when u play those really huge maps with just 2 players and need to defend those spice fields or take a choke point)

i have found this to be the ideal mix of weaponary, due to the massive long hour 2 player games i play.

But then a force like that has one problem..... Strike units..... I could suicide some units to get your Mongoose... right? then i can fly in the air units... and since it takes so long for those guys to retreat or new anti air forces to come in they are easy meat right???

Its simple you can't rely on one type of unit to save your ass... suicide units will remove them and open your force to a type of attack...(note suicide is useful, KAMIKAZE)

Guest Rodin

Favorite tactic of mine in the campaign, not sure if this would work online...

Build up your base defenses however you need until you can get some devastators. Have 3 or 4 of them, and use them for base defense until you get them up to level 2 or 3 veterancy. Build some advanced carryalls and use some scouts and/or gunships to find a weakness in the enemies defenses. Drop some veteran devestators in and BOOM.

Just a thought....

Yeah the hard part being finding a hole large enough to get your carryalls through. Serveral things to keep in mind Mongoose need 3 hits to take one down. However for sake of argument mongoose is slow and might not be where its needed. Next up we got Rocket turrets, easily kill the carryalls, agian somehow you bypass them. Air drones, same cost as the mongoose decent firepower, not that great but decent, and hellishly fast, they will get there in time. Though theres a chance no matter how minuscule, that strategy might work. However its alot safer to bet on other strategies... or play as another house :)

Guest DemanKnght

The devastator drop works like a charm if done right, well against the comp it does, I usaually fly in five of them by force move, then as a group I have them drop all at once, Yes I am getting pounded but it is worth it if I manage to wreak the right buildings quickly. Yeah its a suicide run but its a solid attac for me so far.I drop then send the carryalls abck to my base, hopefully I can resuse them for a second drop. As everyone pointed out them make great base defense so will in his base they will thin out the ranks so the counter attack isnt as bad. But this is a RTS game and you need to have revolving attacks to win.

• 1 month later...

the best hark strat is to build 10 devastaters and 10 adv. carryalls then make 30 assault tanks and 20 missle tanks and 50 troopers then air lift the devastaters and send the rest over now that i a strat ;D ;D..............oh wait assault forces are strats.right? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

If u where saying that to me you should take it back because I was making fun of people who think 10 of this and80 of that and send em over is a strat but if u want a good hark strat here is one: take 5 missle tanks send them to the out side of the enemy's bases tham have them take out defensive structures then send in 6 ornis and have them fly by taking out more defensive structures and units after that you can send in your 2 devastators via carryall and land them in the defenslessish spot have them destroy till almost dead then selv detonate the next step is to send 20 sarduakar and 5 troopers and have them take out another defensive side now u send in some tanks and wala u got a victory.oh and u can send in as I seid earlyer lots of clone ornis for more offense

You must play game on strategy level and you all play game on tactical level. I use fleet of gunships and with them I destroy construction yard, factory and star port in one or two attack and its game over. Also nuclear weapon can help in destroing this strategy buildings.

aight g-dog,

and what are ya gonna do if I bust some AA on yer "buttocks"

how are ya gonna take out my "brown stuff" if you don't make it past my front line.  you have to send some cheap "buttocks" "illegitimate childs" to draw the fore of my front line so you can get to my base.

[glow=red,2,300] [move] [shadow=red,left,300] :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :O 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-/ :'( :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*[/shadow][/move][/glow]